Robinson with the New England Patriots
|Assistant quarterbacks coach|
|Date of birth:September 29, 1986|
|Place of birth: Littleton, Colorado|
|College: Oklahoma State|
|NFL Draft: 2010 / Round: 7 / Pick: 250|
|No regular season or postseason appearances|
| As player:|
*New England Patriots ( 2010)*
| As coach:|
* Los Angeles Rams ( 2019–present)
Assistant quarterbacks coach
|Career highlights and awards|
|* 2007 Insight Bowl MVP|
|Stats at NFL.com|
Zachary Ross "Zac" Robinson (born September 29, 1986) is a former American football quarterback and current assistant quarterbacks coach for the Los Angeles Rams of the National Football League (NFL). He was drafted by the New England Patriots in the seventh round of the 2010 NFL Draft. He played college football at Oklahoma State.
Robinson attended Chatfield Senior High School in Littleton, Colorado, where he played football at multiple offensive positions. As a senior, Robinson threw for 1,475 yards, 15 touchdowns, and six interceptions. The same season, he also caught 39 passes for 850 yards and 11 touchdowns, while also rushing for 1,078 yards and eight touchdowns.
Following high school, Robinson attended Oklahoma State University, where he redshirted as a freshman in 2005. He was a reserve quarterback for the Cowboys in 2006, finishing the season with 345 yards on 51 attempts and three touchdowns, while also recording 144 yards rushing.
In the second game of Robinson's 2007 sophomore season, he became the Cowboys' starter at quarterback and went on to lead his team to an appearance in the 2007 Insight Bowl. After taking over the starting role, Robinson recorded 847 yards rushing and 2,824 yards passing and combined for 32 touchdowns. His 3,671 total offensive yards set a school record. In that season, the only other player in Division I FBS to rush for at least 800 yards and pass for 2,800 yards was Heisman Trophy winner Tim Tebow.
Robinson led Oklahoma State to the 2008 Holiday Bowl his junior season. He finished the 2008 regular season with 562 yards rushing with 8 touchdowns and 3,064 yards passing with 25 touchdowns.
Robinson was viewed as one of the best senior quarterbacks in the 2009 preseason. Robinson began the season with a win over Georgia, throwing for 135 yards and two touchdowns. However, his season took a turn when Cowboys running back Kendall Hunter suffered an injury and was sidelined for a good portion of the season while wide receiver Dez Bryant, who became a first round pick in the 2010 NFL Draft, was suspended for the rest of the season, breaking up what Rivals.com had coined the "Best Offensive Trio of 2009." Later in the season, Robinson suffered a concussion and shoulder injury in a game against Texas Tech when he collided with Red Raider cornerback Jamar Wall. He also suffered a hamstring injury at one point during the season, and finished the season with 2,084 yards passing and 15 touchdowns on the season.
Robinson was one of six senior quarterbacks invited to the 2010 Senior Bowl in Mobile, Alabama. Of the six, only Robinson threw for more than 100 yards (176); Robinson was also responsible for the only South team touchdown. In addition, his showing at the 2010 College Football All-Star Challenge was described by ESPN analysts as the "Performance of the Day" out of the twelve participating players.
|Ht||Wt||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP||Wonderlic|
|6 ft 2¼ in||214 lb||4.75 s||1.63 s||2.66 s||4.40 s||7.24 s||35 in||9 ft 2 in|
New England PatriotsEdit
On November 9, 2010, Robinson was claimed off waivers by the Detroit Lions. He was waived on September 3, 2011.
On September 6, 2011, Robinson was signed to the Bengals practice squad. After the 2011 season, he was signed to the Bengals offseason roster.
During the final cuts before the start of the 2012 NFL Season, he was waived and subsequently placed on the practice squad. Robinson appeared in all four of the Bengals' preseason games in 2012, and was again signed to the practice squad at the end of preseason.
Prior to the 2013 season, he was placed on the PUP list just before training camp due to an elbow injury. His season officially ended on December 10, when the Bengals left him on the PUP list, instead of activating him.
On May 2, 2014, he was waived after failing his physical.
Robinson was invited to the NFL's inaugural veteran's combine in Arizona.
Los Angeles RamsEdit
On February 23, 2019, the Rams announced they would add Robinson to their coaching staff as an assistant quarterbacks coach after the departure of quarterbacks coach, Zac Taylor who was hired by the Cincinnati Bengals as head coach.
- ↑ "Cowboy Trio Ranked As Nation's Best". Oklahoma State University. 2009-08-10. http://www.okstate.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/081009aab.html. Retrieved 2010-05-08.
- ↑ "Fall Commencement 2013". Oklahoma State University. 2013. p. 56. http://registrar.okstate.edu/sites/default/files/Documents/CommencementPrograms/fall2013_web.pdf.
- ↑ "Zac Robinson Combine Profile". NFL.com. http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/zac-robinson?id=497127. Retrieved 2010-05-08..
- ↑ Price, Christopher (2010-07-22). "Patriots’ rookie contract updates". WEEI. http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports/newengland/football/patriots/2010/07/22/patriots-rookie-contract-updates/. Retrieved 2010-07-22.
- ↑ http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2011/9/6/2408658/zac-robinson-cincinnati-bengals-practice-squad-detroit-lions
- ↑ http://www.nfl.com/player/zacrobinson/497127/gamelogs
- ↑ https://sports.yahoo.com/news/andre-smith-bengals-non-football-002030649--nfl.html
- ↑ "Cincinnati Bengals Waive FB Chris Pressley; Keep QB Zac Robinson on PUP". http://www.sportsmedia101.com/cincinnatibengals/2013/12/10/cincinnati-bengals-waive-fb-chris-pressley-keep-qb-zac-robinson-on-pup/.
- ↑ http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/02/bengals-waive-zac-robinson/
- ↑ "NFL to host inaugural Veteran Combine". NFL.com. Mar 11, 2015. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000478211/article/nfl-to-host-inaugural-veteran-combine. Retrieved Apr 2, 2015.
- ↑ Klein, Gary. (February 23, 2019). "Rams to add Zac Robinson as assistant quarterbacks coach, source says". https://www.latimes.com/sports/rams/la-sp-rams-zac-robinson-assistant-quarterbacks-coach-20190223-story.html. Retrieved February 23, 2019.