- For the Puerto Rican musician, see Willie Colón.
|No. 66 New York Jets|
|Date of birth:April 9, 1983|
|Place of birth: Bronx, New York|
|Height: 6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)||Weight: 315 lb (143 kg)|
|NFL Draft: 2006 / Round: 4 / Pick: 131|
|Debuted in 2006 for the Pittsburgh Steelers|
|Roster status: Active|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2012|
Willie Colon (born April 9, 1983) is an American football offensive guard for the New York Jets of the National Football League (NFL). He was drafted by the Pittsburgh Steelers in the fourth round of the 2006 NFL Draft. He played college football at Hofstra University.
High school/college careerEdit
Colon attended Cardinal Hayes High School in The Bronx. As a senior, he received the Cardinal Hayes Outstanding Defensive Player Award as the defensive MVP. Colon chose to attend Hofstra, majoring in interdisciplinary studies. Colon is of Puerto Rican Descent.
Colon was selected by the Pittsburgh Steelers in the fourth round (131st overall) of the 2006 NFL Draft. He started the first two games of his career in Weeks 16 and 17 of the 2006 season, replacing an injured Max Starks. This sparked a position battle with Max Starks for starting right tackle, which continued through an unspectacular 2007 season. Colon was a member of the Steelers' Super Bowl XLIII championship team. He re-signed with the Steelers after the 2008 season for a one-year deal worth $2.2 million.
While working out during the offseason in June 2010, Colon tore his Achilles tendon, forcing him to miss the entire 2010 NFL Season.
In week 1 against the Baltimore Ravens, Colon tore his triceps and missed the rest of the season.
He was released from the Steelers on March 13, 2013.
New York JetsEdit
- ↑ http://news.steelers.com/team/player/64035/ Steelers Player Bio
- ↑ Steelers Re-sign OL Colon SI.com, March 11, 2009
- ↑ Steelers Sign Willie Colon & Jonathan ScottMike Vukovcan, CBSLocal (Pittsburgh)
- ↑ [http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/67070/steelers-release-guard-willie-colon
- ↑ Orr, Conor (15 March 2013). "Jets sign veteran guard Willie Colon". The Star-Ledger. Archived from the original on 15 March 2013. http://www.webcitation.org/6F9Rh5N9g. Retrieved 15 March 2013.