|Wesleyan Cardinals football|
|Home stadium||Andrus Field|
|Postseason bowl record|| –
|Colors||Cardinal and Black|
The Wesleyan Cardinals football team represents Wesleyan University in the sport of American football. It is a member of the Division III New England Small College Athletic Conference (NESCAC) and competes against traditional Little Three rivals Amherst and Williams. Wesleyan is one of the 39 founding members of the NCAA. The Cardinals’ home field, Andrus Field, is the oldest continuously used American football field in the world. (It is also the oldest continuously used baseball field in the world as the Wesleyan baseball team also uses Andrus Field.)
Devon Carrillo '18 - A multi-sport athlete, Devon excelled in football and wrestling. In his freshman year he was named a Second Team All-NESCAC Specialist. In his final year Devon became one of the most dangerous offensive threats in the NASCAC as he amassed 807 all-purpose yards, and averaged 100.9 per game to rank ninth in the league. His stellar performance in two sports earned him the 2017 Connecticut Male Athlete of the Year
- ↑ Leilana McKindra, Founding members hold true to NCAA educational mission, The NCAA News, 7 December 2005. Retrieved 20 February 2011.
- ↑ "Corwin Stadium at Andrus Field - Football". https://athletics.wesleyan.edu/facilities/andrus_football.
- ↑ "Games Today at the Oldest Football Fields - 11/05/2011". Chattanoogan.com. http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_212836.asp. Retrieved 2012-08-25.
- ↑ "Wesleyan Athletics". https://athletics.wesleyan.edu/sports/bsb/andrusfieldhistory-baseball.pdf.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 "Wesleyan University Alumni and the NFL". https://athletics.wesleyan.edu/sports/fball/alumni_and_nfl.
- ↑ "Devon Carrillo, Football, Wesleyan University". July 10, 2017. https://www.nescac.com/profile/2016-17/WES_Carrillo.