|W. H. Lyon|
| File:WHLyon2.png |
Lyon pictured in Cream and Crimson 1896, Central yearbook
|Born||September 15, 1872|
Boonton, New Jersey
|Died||April 3, 1957 (aged 84)|
|Alma mater||Central University (1896)|
|Head coaching record|
William Hillyer Lyon (September 15, 1872 – April 3, 1957) was an American football coach. He served as the head football coach at the University of Mississippi (Ole Miss) in 1899. During his one-season tenure at Ole Miss, Lyon compiled an overall record of three wins and four losses (3–4). Lyon was born in 1872 in Boonton, New Jersey. He was a member of the Phi Delta Theta fraternity.
In 1906, Lyon was working for a lumber company in Bridgeport, Connecticut as a travelling salesman. By the time of World War I, Lyon living in Bridgeport working as an accountant for the United States Government.
He died in Stamford in 1957.
Head coaching recordEdit
|Ole Miss Rebels (Southern Intercollegiate Athletic Association) (1899)|
|†Indicates BCS bowl, Bowl Alliance or Bowl Coalition game.|
- ↑ 
- ↑ "THE SCROLL OF PHI-DELTA THETA VOLUME XXIV OCTOBER, 1899 JUNE, 1900 EDITED AND MANAGED BY HUGH TH. MILLER". 31 January 2012. http://phideltscroll.archeios.com/files/2012/03/1899_vol24_no1-5.pdf. Retrieved February 26, 2015.
- ↑ DeLassus, David. "W. H. Lyon Records by Year". College Football Data Warehouse. http://www.cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/coaching/alltime_coach_year_by_year.php?coachid=1415. Retrieved February 19, 2012.
- ↑ Denis Larionov & Alexander Zhulin. "Read the eBook The catalogue of the Phi delta theta fraternity by Phi Delta Theta Fraternity online for free (page 58 of 217)". ebooksread.com. http://www.ebooksread.com/authors-eng/phi-delta-theta-fraternity/the-catalogue-of-the-phi-delta-theta-fraternity-dih/page-58-the-catalogue-of-the-phi-delta-theta-fraternity-dih.shtml. Retrieved February 26, 2015.
- ↑ "The Catalogue of the Phi Delta Theta Fraternity". archive.org. https://archive.org/stream/cataloguephidel00fratgoog#page/n212/mode/2up. Retrieved February 26, 2015.
- ↑ "United States World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918 Image United States World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918; pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1951-25846-24255-29 — FamilySearch.org". familysearch.org. https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1951-25846-24255-29?cc=1968530&wc=MM18-ZJK:2071785770. Retrieved February 26, 2015.
- ↑ "Person Details for Willi H Lyon, "Connecticut, Death Index, 1949-2001" — FamilySearch.org". familysearch.org. https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/VZPJ-74C. Retrieved February 26, 2015.
|This biographical article relating to a college football coach first appointed in the 1890s is a stub. You can help The American Football Database by expanding it.|
|20px||This Mississippi-related article is a stub. You can help The American Football Database by expanding it.|