| File:Virgdabney.png |
Depiction of Dabney c. 1900
|Born||February 2, 1878|
|Died||January 17, 1942 (aged 63)|
|Head coaching record|
|Accomplishments and honors|
Dabney was selected All-Southern by Caspar Whitney in Outing. Virginia had a claim to a Southern championship. The Cavaliers defeated Sewanee 17 to 5 to give the school its first loss since 1897. Dabney ran for two touchdowns that game. An account of one of those reads "Dabney ran twenty yards for a touchdown, the gain being largely due to the splendid interference led by Walker and Haskel.
Dabney was later an otolaryngologist. He died in 1942.
Head coaching record
|Tulane Olive and Blue (Southern Intercollegiate Athletic Association) (1902)|
|†Indicates BCS bowl, Bowl Alliance or Bowl Coalition game.|
- 2009 Virginia Football Media Guide, All-Time Lettermen Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Webarchive/data' not found. (PDF), p. 165, University of Virginia, 2009.
- The Deke Quarterly, Volume XIV, No. 1, p. 204, Delta Kappa Epsilon, March 1896.
- "All-Southern Eleven for 1900". Outing (Outing Publishing Company) 37: 616. 1901. https://books.google.com/books?id=xLg2AQAAIAAJ&pg=PA615&lpg=PA615&dq=sewanee+%22ormond+simpkins%22&source=bl&ots=9fyGlKWUPe&sig=zDAmKuhM_9PBwellLI-R0lCiDec&hl=en&sa=X&ei=YVRKVIXVOMKTgwSOqYDgAw&ved=0CDEQ6AEwAw#v=onepage&q=sewanee%20%22ormond%20simpkins%22&f=false.
- "Champions of the South regardless of conference affiliation". http://homepages.cae.wisc.edu/~dwilson/rfsc/champs/Southern.txt.
- "Virginia Wins Decisive Victory". The Times. November 30, 1900. http://virginiachronicle.com/cgi-bin/virginia?a=d&d=T19001130.1.2&srpos=3&e=-------en-20--1--txt-txIN-%22buck+harris%22+------#.
- Virginius Dabney Records by Year, College Football Data Warehouse, retrieved December 12, 2010.
- "Dr. Dabney Dies; Retired Specialist", January 18, 1942, Washington Post.
Template:1900 College Football Composite All-Southerns
|This biographical article relating to a college football coach first appointed in the 1900s is a stub. You can help The American Football Database by expanding it.|