|Date of birth:March 12, 1992|
|Place of birth: Charlotte, North Carolina|
|College: South Carolina|
|Undrafted in 2014|
|No regular season or postseason appearances|
|* Cincinnati Bengals ( 2014)*|
|Career highlights and awards|
Victor Hampton (born March 12, 1992) is an American football cornerback who is currently a free agent. He played college football at South Carolina, and has been a member of the Cincinnati Bengals, New York Giants, and Baltimore Ravens.
He moved to Darlington, South Carolina to play his senior season at Darlington High School, after being dismissed from Independence High School in Charlotte, North Carolina. He recorded 50 tackles and three interceptions as a senior, and also scored six touchdowns on offense despite only playing in six games due to eligibility issues following his transfer. At Independence, he had 50 tackles and 10 interceptions as a junior. He played in the U.S. Army All-American Bowl in San Antonio, Texas.
Considered a four-star recruit by Rivals.com, he was rated as the 6th best cornerback prospect in the nation. He accepted a scholarship offer from South Carolina over offers from Florida, North Carolina and Tennessee.
Hampton redshirted as a true freshman. In 2011, he played in 10 games, recording 14 tackles, one interception and three pass breakups. He also returned kicks, averaging 25.4 yards on seven kickoffs. In 2012, he played in all 13 games, recording 40 tackles, one interception and tied for the team high with six pass breakups. In 2013, he started all 13 games, setting career highs in tackles (51), tackles for loss (5), interceptions (3) and pass break ups (9).
Hampton was not selected in the 2014 NFL Draft.
Hampton was drafted 30th overall in the 2016 Major League Football draft in the fourth round.
- ↑ Hampton Ready For Finale
- ↑ Victor Hampton - Yahoo Sports
- ↑ Hampton Commits to USC Gamecocks
- ↑ South Carolina's Hampton Leaving For NFL
- ↑ "Victor Hampton signs with New York Giants". Go Gamecocks. October 14, 2014. http://www.gogamecocks.com/2014/10/14/629481/victor-hampton-signs-with-new.html. Retrieved October 14, 2014.
- ↑ Hanzus, Dan (March 2, 2015). "Victor Hampton released by Ravens following arrest". NFL.com. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000475798/article/victor-hampton-released-by-ravens-following-arrest. Retrieved March 2, 2015.
- ↑ Miller, Travis (July 19, 2017). "Spring League Showcase Player Stats". flofootball.com. https://web.archive.org/web/20170831202153/http://www.flofootball.com/article/59154-spring-league-showcase-player-stats#.WahvN2nyuUk. Retrieved August 31, 2017.