|Date of birth:September 21, 1985|
|Place of birth: Windsor, Ontario|
|No regular season or postseason appearances|
|Roster status: 9-Game Injured List|
|Career highlights and awards|
Tyler Scott (born September 21, 1985, in Windsor, Ontario) is a wide receiver in the Canadian Football League who most recently played for the Edmonton Eskimos. He attended the University of Western Ontario as a geography major and intends to pursue teaching. He was drafted in the 2008 CFL Draft by the Toronto Argonauts.
Early years Edit
Scott attended Saginaw Valley State University from 2004 through 2006 and played in 28 games of American football over his three years there before transferring to the University of Western Ontario in 2007. He sat out the 2007 CIS football season as a transfer student but practised with the team and impressed the Argonauts' scouts enough, both there and at the 2008 CFL Evaluation Camp, to be picked up in the draft by them.
Professional career Edit
Scott's first game in the CFL was the pre-season game against the Montreal Alouettes on June 12, 2008, where he had two receptions for 20 yards for the Argonauts. Assistant General Manager Greg Mohns was impressed with his dedication, size, and movement. "He studied the playbook and he has not made a lot of mental mistakes," Mohns said following the first game. "He has a chance to make the final roster."
On May 27, 2010, Scott was released by the Toronto Argonauts. Scott was recently picked up by the Edmonton Eskimos on July 27, 2010, signing a two-year deal.
On June 8, 2012, during training camp, Scott collided with defensive back Rico Murray and was hospitalized.  On June 9, 2012, Scott underwent surgery for a broken collarbone.  Scott has been placed on the 9-game injured list. 
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Koshan, Terry (2008-06-17). "Windsor receiver surpassing all expectations". Toronto Sun. http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Football/CFL/Toronto/2008/06/17/5901016-sun.html. Retrieved 2008-06-17.
- ↑ http://www.esks.com/article/esks-sign-non-import-receiver-tyler-scott
- ↑ http://www.cbc.ca/sports/football/cfl/story/2012/06/08/sp-cfl-eskimos-injuries-tyler-scott.html
- ↑ http://www.esks.com/article/tyler-scott-injury-update
- ↑ http://www.esks.com/article/eskimo-transactions-sunday-june-17