|No. 90, 67, 75|
|Date of birth:May 30, 1985|
|Place of birth: Camden, New Jersey|
|NFL Draft: 2007 / Round: 2 / Pick: 54|
|No regular season or postseason appearances|
|* Kansas City Chiefs ( 2007– 2009)|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Stats at NFL.com|
|Stats at pro-football-reference.com|
Claude Maurice "Turk" McBride (born May 30, 1985) is a former American football defensive end who played in the National Football League. He was drafted by the Kansas City Chiefs in the second round of the 2007 NFL Draft. He played college football at Tennessee.
McBride attended Woodrow Wilson High School in Camden, New Jersey, where he played football for his uncle, Mike McBride and graduated in 2003. He was a four-year starter at wide receiver and a 2-year starter at defensive end. Following his senior season, McBride was named an All-American by Parade and SuperPrep. McBride also was named All-State, All-Area, All-Group 3, All-Conference and All-South for his respective areas. He set the school record for sacks in his senior year at Woodrow Wilson.
McBride divided his time between the defensive tackle and defensive end position at Tennessee. He started four games his sophomore season and the entire season his senior year. He was named the SEC defensive lineman of the week once in 2004 and once in 2006. Following the 2006 season, McBride was named to the Sporting News All SEC team.
|Ht||Wt||40-yard dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20 ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP||Wonderlic|
|6-2⅜ *||277 lb *||4.81 *||1.61 *||2.78 *||4.12 *||7.10 *||31" *||9'00" *||30 **||9 *|
Kansas City ChiefsEdit
McBride was drafted by the Kansas City Chiefs in the 2007 NFL Draft in the second round with the 54th overall pick. He signed a three-year contract with the team on July 24, 2007. He was featured in HBO's Hard Knocks in 2007. He spent most of the 2008 season on injured reserve. The Chiefs waived McBride on September 15, 2009.
McBride was claimed off waivers by the Detroit Lions in September 2009.
New Orleans SaintsEdit
After the 2010 season, he became a free agent and on July 31, 2011, he signed with the New Orleans Saints.
On March 20, 2013, he signed a one-year deal with the Chicago Bears. On July 29, 2013, McBride suffered a ruptured Achilles tendon during training camp and was out for the entire 2013 season. He was released with an injury settlement on July 31.
- ↑ Turk McBride, Kansas City Chiefs. Accessed August 26, 2007.
- ↑ NFL Draft Scout
- ↑ Teicher, Adam. Chiefs sign second-round pick McBride The Kansas City Star, July 24, 2007.
- ↑ Bears sign defensive end Turk McBride
- ↑ Biggs, Brad (July 29, 2013). "Bears get Bushrod scare, lose McBride". Chicago Tribune. http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/chi-jermon-bushrod-chicago-bears-20130729,0,155168.story. Retrieved July 29, 2013.
- ↑ Verderame, Matt (July 31, 2013). "Chicago Bears release Turk McBride". Philadelphia Media Network. http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/sbnation/SBNation_20130731_Chicago_Bears_release_Turk_McBride.html. Retrieved July 31, 2013.