|No. 16 Louisiana Swashbucklers|
|Date of birth:October 20, 1985|
|Place of birth: LaGrange, Georgia|
|Height: 6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)||Weight: 230 lb (104 kg)|
|Undrafted in 2009|
|No regular season or postseason appearances|
|CFL status: Import|
|Career highlights and awards|
Tray Blackmon (born October 20, 1985 in LaGrange, Georgia) is a professional Arena Football linebacker for the Louisiana Swashbucklers of the Intense Football League. He played college football for the Auburn Tigers.
Although a little undersized for a typical national type linebacker recruit, Blackmon was considered a legit five-star prospect by several recruiting services. Scout.com ranked him #1 among the 2005 linebackers class. The Player of the Year in AAA for the State Champion Grangers, Blackmon had 116 tackles, 16 tackles for loss, 12 Sacks, 5 forced fumbles, 3 fumble recoveries, one safety, and one defensive touchdown as a senior.
After redshirting in 2005, Blackmon recorded 18 tackles, including 2.5 for loss, in six games in 2006, which earned him a spot on the The Sporting News Freshman All-America Second Team. He amassed 41 tackles, including 25 solo, in last seven games of the 2007 season. He added 21 tackles in 2008 and has 84 tackles for his career.
Blackmon has battled suspensions and injuries during his collegiate career. Blackmon was suspended from playing in Auburn's first three games of the 2006 season. In 2008, Blackmon suffered a broken bone in his wrist in the fourth game of the season.
- ↑ http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=9&c=4&pid=26&yr=2005
- ↑ Schlabach, Mark (2006-08-02). "Sources: Auburn suspends LBs Blackmon, Sears". ESPN.com. http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2537412.
- ↑ Goldberg, Charles (2008-11-12). Birmingham News. http://blog.al.com/goldmine/2008/11/auburns_blackmon_away_from_tea.html.
- ↑ "Stampeders sign import linebackers Blackmon and Campbell". TSN. May 6, 2009. http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=277747. Retrieved 2009-05-06.
- "Linebacker Blackmon seeks a change of scenery in CFL". Associated Press (The Atlanta Journal Constitution). June 19, 2009. http://www.ajc.com/services/content/printedition/2009/06/19/blackmon0619.html. Retrieved 2009-06-19.
- Calgary Stampeders bio
- Scott Kennedy of Scout.com explains why Blackmon was the best defensive HS player he ever saw at YouTube
|This biographical article relating to an American football linebacker born in the 1980s is a stub. You can help The American Football Database by expanding it.|
|This biographical article relating to a Canadian football linebacker is a stub. You can help The American Football Database by expanding it.|