|Date of birth:May 9, 1984|
|Place of birth: Miami, Florida|
|College: Central Florida|
|Undrafted in 2007|
|No regular season or postseason appearances|
|* New York Giants ( 2007)*
|Roster status: Active|
|Career highlights and awards|
|* IFL Defensive R.O.Y. (2008)|
|Stats at NFL.com|
|Stats at ArenaFan.com|
Travonti Johnson (born May 9, 1984) is an American football safety for the Cedar Rapids River Kings of the Indoor Football League (IFL). He was signed by the New York Giants as an undrafted free agent in 2007. He played college football at Central Florida.
Early life[edit | edit source]
College career[edit | edit source]
Professional career[edit | edit source]
Johnson has also been a member of the Billings Outlaws.
After spending the 2008 and 2009 seasons with the Outlaws, Johnson was signed by the Giants again.
After spending the entire 2009 season on the Giants practice squad, Johnson returned to the Outlaws.
On January 30, 2017, Johnson signed with the Dodge City Law.
On June 14, 2017, Johnson signed with the Monterrey Steel.
On July 25, 2017, Johnson signed with the Salina Liberty. On April 12, 2018, Johnson was released.
On April 12, 2018, Johnson signed with the Texas Revolution.
References[edit | edit source]
- Brandon Helwig (October 11, 2002). "Knights War Room Archive". www.ucf.n.rivals.com. Yahoo!. https://ucf.n.rivals.com/news/knights-war-room-archive. Retrieved June 23, 2016.
- "UCF's Travonti Johnson Inks Free-Agent Deal With New York Giants". www.cstv.com. CSTV Networks, Inc.. May 1, 2007. http://www.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/stories/050107abw.html. Retrieved June 23, 2016.
- Mike Garafolo (May 15, 2009). "Rookie safety Sha'reff Rashad already impressing New York Giants". www.nj.com. New Jersey On-Line LLC.. http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2009/05/rookie_safety_shareff_rashad_a.html. Retrieved March 6, 2017.
- Mike Zimmer (April 11, 2010). "Outlaws’ Johnson getting back into the indoor groove". www.billingsgazette.com. Billings Gazette. http://billingsgazette.com/sports/football/professional/arena/outlaws-johnson-getting-back-into-the-indoor-groove/article_e0c995e4-4532-11df-93d7-001cc4c002e0.html. Retrieved March 6, 2017.
- Ryan Minich (June 18, 2016). "Billings Wolves clinch home playoff game". www.billingsgazette.com. Billings Gazette. http://billingsgazette.com/sports/football/professional/arena/billings-wolves-clinch-home-playoff-game/article_c9251013-6759-5784-9d7e-1798ec0d41c6.html. Retrieved March 6, 2017.