|No. 67, 71, 70|
|Born:||November 17, 1983|
|Height:||6 ft 5 in (1.96 m)|
|Weight:||301 lb (137 kg)|
|High school:||Westfield (Houston, Texas)|
|NFL Draft:||2007 / Round: 2 / Pick: 42|
|Career highlights and awards
|Career NFL statistics|
Anthony Ike "Tony" Ugoh, Jr. (born November 17, 1983) is a former American football offensive tackle, and current motorcycle road racer, who played for five seasons in the National Football League (NFL). After playing college football for Arkansas, he was drafted by the Indianapolis Colts in the second round of the 2007 NFL Draft. He played for the Colts from 2007 to 2009, the Detroit Lions in 2010, and the New York Giants in 2011.
Ugoh played college football at the University of Arkansas. During his career he started 35 of 43 games and was chosen as a third-team All-America by the Associated Press and first-team All-Southeastern Conference as a senior. He also competed in discus and weight throw for the Razorback track team.
Ugoh was drafted by the Indianapolis Colts in the second round of the 2007 NFL Draft, after the Colts gave up a first-round pick in 2008 for the chance to move up in the 2007 draft and select him. He took over as the starting left tackle after Tarik Glenn retired during the offseason. The Colts waived Ugoh on September 8, 2010.
On December 10, 2010, the Lions worked Ugoh out and then signed him the next day to take the roster spot of linebacker Isaiah Ekejiuba, who was placed on injured reserve due to a knee injury. Ugoh's signing was seen as insurance if starting right tackle Gosder Cherilus was unable to play in the Lions' week 14 game against the Green Bay Packers due to a knee injury. He was released on August 14, 2011.
New York GiantsEdit
Kansas City ChiefsEdit
The Kansas City Chiefs signed Ugoh on July 26, 2012. He retired four days later.
- ↑ An early look: 10 terrific offensive tackles
- ↑ http://www.indystar.com/article/20100908/SPORTS03/100908031/Colts-release-offensive-lineman-Tony-Ugoh
- ↑ http://www.yardbarker.com/blog/nflbuzz/lions_work_out_former_second_rounder/3774046
- ↑ http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/football/lions-placed-linebacker-isaiah-ekejiuba-on-ir-and-signed-tackle-tony-ugoh-111728029.html
- ↑ "Archived copy". Archived from the original on September 11, 2010. https://web.archive.org/web/20100911230648/http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=4208. Retrieved December 15, 2010.
- ↑ Template:Cite tweet