|Guard / Offensive tackle|
|Date of birth:August 23, 1983|
|Place of birth: Sonoma, California|
|NFL Draft: 2006 / Round: 5 / Pick: 165|
|No regular season or postseason appearances|
|* Green Bay Packers ( 2006– 2008)|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Stats at NFL.com|
Tony Moll (born August 23, 1983) is a retired American football guard and offensive tackle of the National Football League (NFL). He was drafted in the fifth round of the 2006 NFL Draft by the Green Bay Packers. He played college football for the University of Nevada, Reno (UNR).
Moll played college football at Nevada. He played tight end until his senior year when he was switched to left tackle, a position at which he earned first-team all-Western Athletic Conference honors. Nevada coach Chris Ault said of Moll, "He's as mentally tough as any athlete I've ever coached."
Green Bay PackersEdit
Moll was drafted by the Green Bay Packers in the fifth round of the 2006 NFL Draft. Considered a "fringe" NFL draft pick, Packers coach Mike McCarthy said, "If you'd told me Tony Moll would be starting for us in the spring after the first minicamp, frankly, I would've taken that bet." Even his mother, Gina Moll, noted, "When he first got drafted, we said 'OK, let's just hope he makes the practice squad.'" The 6 foot, 5 inch rookie surprised McCarthy, earned a spot in the Packers' lineup, and became "a blocking mainstay" for Green Bay quarterback Brett Favre. He appeared in all 16 games for the 2006 Packers, starting five games each at right guard and right tackle. In his second season with the Packers, Moll suffered a pinched nerve in his neck during training camp. He recalled, "There was a flash of pain. It resulted in pins and needles in my fingers, like when you hit your funny bone." He missed the first five games of the season due to the injury, started the next three games, and then re-injured himself. He appeared in a total of nine games in 2007, three as a starter. As a third-year player in 2008, Moll split his playing time between the right guard and right tackle positions. He appeared in 14 games for the 2008 Packers, but only five as a starter.
In September 2009, Moll was traded to the right Baltimore Ravens for defensive back Derrick Martin. Moll appeared in five games for the Ravens in 2009, none as a starter. In April 2010, the Ravens re-signed Moll as a restricted free agent to a one-year, $1.176 million contract.
Moll signed with the Jacksonville Jaguars on August 10, 2011. He was released on September 3.
San Diego ChargersEdit
The San Diego Chargers signed him on November 15, 2011. He became an unrestricted free agent at the end of the 2011 season.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 "UP AND DOWN SEASON FOR PACKERS' TONY MOLL: SONOMA PROJECT SUFFERED PINCHED NERVE IN CAMP, HAS BEEN IN AND OUT OF LINEUP". The Press Democrat (Santa Rosa). 2007-12-09. http://nl.newsbank.com/nl-search/we/Archives?p_action=doc&p_docid=120664041032CE08&p_docnum=1&s_dlid=DL0110050106343732435&s_ecproduct=SUB-FREE&s_ecprodtype=INSTANT&s_trackval=GooglePM&s_siteloc=&s_referrer=&s_subterm=Subscription%20until:%2012/14/2015%2011:59%20PM&s_docsbal=%20&s_subexpires=12/14/2015%2011:59%20PM&s_docstart=&s_docsleft=&s_docsread=&s_username=santarosa&s_accountid=AC0105061516020614723&s_upgradeable=no.
- ↑ Bruce Meadows (2001-02-08). "MOLL, BARBER AMONG SIGNEES". The Press Democrat. http://nl.newsbank.com/nl-search/we/Archives?p_product=SA&p_theme=sa&p_action=search&p_maxdocs=200&p_topdoc=1&p_text_direct-0=0EAFEC5F4392359E&p_field_direct-0=document_id&p_perpage=10&p_sort=YMD_date:D&s_trackval=GooglePM.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Eric Branch (2006-12-10). "SONOMA'S SURPRISE: MOLL GOES FROM FRINGE NFL PICK TO STARTER AGAINST 49ERS". The Press Democrat. http://nl.newsbank.com/nl-search/we/Archives?p_action=doc&p_docid=115FA2026D006E78&p_docnum=1&s_dlid=DL0110050106162915736&s_ecproduct=SUB-FREE&s_ecprodtype=INSTANT&s_trackval=GooglePM&s_siteloc=&s_referrer=&s_subterm=Subscription%20until:%2012/14/2015%2011:59%20PM&s_docsbal=%20&s_subexpires=12/14/2015%2011:59%20PM&s_docstart=&s_docsleft=&s_docsread=&s_username=santarosa&s_accountid=AC0105061516020614723&s_upgradeable=no.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 "Tony Moll profile". pro-football-reference.com. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MollTo20.htm. Retrieved 2010-04-30.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Steven Serafini (2007-11-08). "SVHS alum pros Moll, Everidge, collegians Scott, Swingle step up". Sonoma Valley Index-Tribune. http://www.sonomanews.com/articles/2007/11/08/sports/doc4733beec61d57005806342.txt.
- ↑ "Ravens trade Martin to Packers for Moll". Sporting News. 2009-09-05. http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/article/2009-09-05/ravens-trade-martin-packers-for-moll.
- ↑ "Tony Moll: Ravens re-sign T/G Tony Moll". Roto World. 2010-04-19. http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=3969&line=171623&spln=1. Retrieved 2010-04-30.
- ↑ "Ravens sign restricted free agents Demetrius Williams and Tony Moll". National Football Post. 2010-04-19. http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Ravens-sign-restricted-free-agents-Demetrius-Williams-and-Tony-Moll.html.
- ↑ Tinsman, Brian (August 4, 2012). "Redskins Add Veteran OT Tony Moll". Redskins.com. http://www.redskins.com/news-and-events/article-1/Redskins-Add-Veteran-OT-Tony-Moll/ac3e93c4-1c35-4602-8463-8a92d4b524a3. Retrieved 2012-08-04.
- ↑ Campbell, Rich (August 27, 2012). "Redskins roster moves include Jammal Brown to reserve/physically-unable-to-perform list". WashingtonTimes.com. Archived from the original on August 10, 2013. https://web.archive.org/web/20130810041533/http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/redskins-watch/2012/aug/27/redskins-roster-moves-include-jammal-brown-reserve/. Retrieved 2012-08-27.