|Sport(s)||Football, basketball, baseball|
|Born||April 5, 1883|
|Died||February 25, 1944 (aged 60)|
Notre Dame, Indiana
|Head coaching record|
|Accomplishments and honors|
2 MCAC (1923, 1925)
2 MCAC (1923–1924)
Thomas Emmet Mills (April 5, 1883 – February 25, 1944) was an American football player, coach of football, basketball, and baseball, and college athletics administrator. He served as the head football coach at Creighton University (1915–1919), Beloit College (1920–1925), Georgetown University (1930–1932), and Arkansas State College (1934–1935), compiling a career college football record of 63–45–12. Mills was the head baseball coach at the University of Notre Dame from 1927 to 1929, during which time he was also an assistant football coach at the school under Knute Rockne. In addition, Mills was the head basketball coach at Creighton (1916–1920), Beloit (1920–1923), and Arkansas State (1935–1936), amassing a career college basketball record of 107–25. Mills died at the age of 60 on February 25, 1944 of a heart attack at the Rockne Memorial Field House in Notre Dame, Indiana. He served as the director of the field house for the four years before his death.
Head coaching record
|Creighton Bluejays (Independent) (1915–1919)|
|Beloit Buccaneers (Independent) (1920–1921)|
|Beloit Buccaneers (Midwest Collegiate Athletic Conference) (1922–1925)|
|Georgetown Hoyas (Independent) (1930–1932)|
|Arkansas State Indians (Arkansas Intercollegiate Conference) (1934–1935)|
|National championship Conference title Conference division title|
|†Indicates BCS bowl, Bowl Alliance or Bowl Coalition game.|
|Creighton Bluejays (Independent) (1916–1920)|
|Beloit Buccaneers (Independent) (1920–1922)|
|Beloit Buccaneers (Midwest Collegiate Athletic Conference) (1922–1924)|
|Arkansas State Indians (Independent) (1935–1936)|
Conference regular season champion
Conference tournament champion
- "Thomas E. Mills; Director of Rockne Field House at Notre Dame, Once Aide to Coach". The New York Times. February 26, 1944. https://timesmachine.nytimes.com/timesmachine/1944/02/26/85148674.pdf. Retrieved July 12, 2011.
- "Mills Resigns Coaching Post at Georgetown". The Decatur Herald. Associated Press (Decatur, Illinois): p. 2. October 31, 1932. https://www.newspapers.com/clip/30913492/the_decatur_herald/.
- 2012-13 Creighton Bluejays Men's Basketball Media Guide. Creighton University. 2012. p. 160. Archived from the original on December 30, 2012. https://web.archive.org/web/20121230005953/http://www.gocreighton.com/fls/1000/mediaguide/mensbb/1213mbbguide160-obc.pdf?DB_OEM_ID=1000.
- 2012-13 Beloit College Men's Basketball Media Guide. Beloit College. 2012. p. 18.
- 2012-13 Arkansas State Men's Basketball Reference Guide. Arkansas State University. 2012. p. 72. http://www.astateredwolves.com//pdf8/997042.pdf.
Template:Creighton Bluejays athletic director navbox Template:Creighton Bluejays football coach navbox Template:Creighton Bluejays men's basketball coach navbox
Template:Notre Dame Fighting Irish baseball coach navbox
Template:Arkansas State Red Wolves men's basketball coach navbox
<ref> tags exist for a group named "n", but no corresponding
<references group="n"/> tag was found, or a closing
</ref> is missing