|Born:||February 5, 1966|
|Head coaching record|
|Regular season:||NCAA: .342|
Todd Robert Monken (born February 5, 1966) is an American football coach who is the offensive coordinator for the Cleveland Browns of the National Football League (NFL). He is also the former offensive coordinator for Oklahoma State University and Eastern Michigan University, as well as the former head coach of the Southern Miss Golden Eagles.
Monken attended Knox College in Galesburg, Illinois, where he was a three-year letter-winner at quarterback for Knox and earned first-team small college All-America as a senior. While attending Knox, he was a member of the Xi Chapter of Beta Theta Pi. He earned a bachelor's degree in economics from Knox and a master's degree in education leadership from Grand Valley State University.
Monken got his start in coaching at Grand Valley State under Tom Beck. When Beck moved to Notre Dame as offensive coordinator in 1991, Monken also joined the staff as a graduate assistant. During his time at Grand Valley, he coached with defensive assistant Brian Kelly, the current coach of Notre Dame. As the offensive coordinator Monken led Eastern Michigan to some of the best offenses in the history of the program.
In his first stop at Oklahoma State he tutored Justin Blackmon into one of the best receivers in college football history. Mike Gundy introduced him as the next offensive coordinator tasked with keeping one of the nation's best offenses as potent as it has been in recent years. Gundy stated, “Todd is a really good fit for what we need. He’s been in the Big 12 and SEC and he’s coached at places that have won at a high level. He’s an experienced, intelligent coach who will be able to come in and help us pick up where we left off. We’re excited to have him join our staff.”
National Football LeagueEdit
In 2007, Monken was hired by the Jacksonville Jaguars to be their wide receivers coach.
Tampa Bay BuccaneersEdit
On January 24, 2016, Monken was hired by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers to be their offensive coordinator. After Buccaneers head coach Dirk Koetter was fired after the 2018 season, Monken was not retained on new head coach Bruce Arians' staff.
NFL head coaches under whom Todd Monken has served:
- Jack Del Rio, Jacksonville Jaguars (2007–2010)
- Dirk Koetter, Tampa Bay Buccaneers (2016–2018)
- Freddie Kitchens, Cleveland Browns (2019–present)
Monken is a native of Wheaton, Illinois. Monken and his wife, Terri, have one son, Travis. He is a cousin of Army head coach, Jeff Monken. His younger brother Ted Monken is the former head football coach for St. Charles East and West Chicago. 
Head coaching recordEdit
|Southern Miss Golden Eagles (Conference USA) (2013–present)|
|2013||Southern Miss||1–11||1–7||T–5th (East)|
|2014||Southern Miss||3–9||1–7||6th (West)|
|2015||Southern Miss||9–5||7–1||1st (West)||L Heart of Dallas|
|National championship Conference title Conference division title|
| †Indicates BCS bowl, Bowl Alliance or Bowl Coalition game. #Rankings from final Coaches' Poll. |
°Rankings from final AP Poll.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 "Todd Monken Bio". LSUSports.net. June 20, 2006. http://www.lsusports.net/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=5200&ATCLID=175225. Retrieved December 10, 2012.
- ↑ "Monken returns to Okla St as offensive coordinator". The Washington Times. Associated Press. February 9, 2011. http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/feb/9/monken-returns-to-okla-st-as-offensive-coordinator/. Retrieved December 10, 2012.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Schad, Joe (December 10, 2012). "Source: Monken to Southern Miss". ESPN.com. http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8734159/todd-monken-hired-coach-southern-mississippi-golden-eagles-according-source. Retrieved December 10, 2012.
- ↑ Philipse, Sander (January 24, 2016). "Todd Monken is the Buccaneers' new offensive coordinator". bucsnation.com. https://www.bucsnation.com/2016/1/24/10823252/todd-monken-is-the-buccaneers-new-offensive-coordinator. Retrieved September 4, 2017.
- ↑ "Browns add Todd Monken and Steve Wilks as coordinators". ESPN.com. http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25754794/cleveland-browns-adding-todd-monken-steve-wilks-staff. Retrieved January 14, 2019.
- ↑ "Chicago - Chicago : News : Politics : Things To Do : Sports". Chicago Sun-Times. Archived from the original on December 17, 2013. https://web.archive.org/web/20131217020650/http://www.suntimes.com/sports/colleges/9282282-419/amid-denials-todd-monken-makes-sense-as-illinois-coach.html.
|Current offensive coordinators of the National Football League|
|American Football Conference|
|AFC East||AFC North||AFC South||AFC West|
|National Football Conference|
|NFC East||NFC North||NFC South||NFC West|