|No. 18, 17|
|Date of birth:February 14, 1985|
|Place of birth: Peoria, Arizona|
|College: Weber State|
|NFL Draft: 2010 / Round: 7 / Pick: 255|
|No regular season or postseason appearances|
|* Detroit Lions ( 2010− 2011)*|
|Career highlights and awards|
| * FCS first-team All-American (2009)
|Stats at NFL.com|
Timothy Lee Toone (born February 14, 1985) is a former American football wide receiver. He was drafted by the Detroit Lions with the final pick (255th overall) of the 2010 NFL Draft, earning the title of Mr. Irrelevant. He played two years of NCAA Division I FCS college football at Weber State in Ogden, Utah.
In his first Wildcats season, Toone had more punt returns (10) than catches (7) but had 275 yards and 2 touchdowns receiving with 95 yards and a touchdown returning punts. He finished with an average of 39.28 yards per reception (34.37 yards per game).
Toone had a more productive season as a wide receiver in his second season with 32 catches, 698 yards, and 10 touchdowns, having started all 11 games for the Wildcats (12 of 19 games started in his two seasons). He averaged 63.45 yards per game (21.81 yards per reception and 2.9 receptions per game) and had 10 touchdowns.
Heading into the 2010 NFL Draft, Toone finished his college career with 1,100 total yards (973 receiving and 127 punt returning) and 13 touchdowns (12 receiving and 1 punt return). In his March 2010 Pro Day, Toone posted a 4.42 second 40-yard dash time and a vertical jump of 36 inches.
Toone was the 255th and final selection of the 2010 NFL Draft by the Detroit Lions, thus earning the moniker Mr. Irrelevant. On September 4, 2010, Toone was one of the final cuts as Detroit reduced its roster to the 53-man limit. However, the Lions re-signed Toone to their practice squad the next day.
Toone was placed on the practice squad's injured reserve due to an undisclosed injury on October 7, 2010. He was re-signed to a future contract on January 5, 2011. Toone was waived during final cuts on September 3, and re-signed to the Lions' practice squad on September 21. The Detroit Lions released Toone again on September 27, 2011.
Toone was signed by the Atlanta Falcons on July 25, 2012. He made the 53-man roster for the first time. He was cut on September 6, 2012, due to a hamstring pull, but later re-signed on November 13, 2012. On July 23, 2013, Toone was waived by the Atlanta Falcons.
New Orleans SaintsEdit
On July 30, 2013, Toone was signed by the New Orleans Saints. On August 27, 2013, he was waived by the Saints.
- ↑ http://www.weberstatesports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=8600&ATCLID=1275569
- ↑ http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=81301&draftyear=2010&genpos=WR
- ↑ Detroit Lions select wideout Tim Toone with Mr. Irrelevant. Tim signed his first official NFL contract on NFL Network. pick. Ann Arbor News (via MLive.com) April 24, 2010
- ↑ Carlos Monarrez. "Lions Add Havner, Logan" Detroit Free Press
- ↑ Carlos Monarrez. "Lions given one more day to avoid blackout" Detroit Free Press' 
- ↑ Ledbetter, D. Orlando (July 23, 2013). "Falcons waive wide receiver Toone". The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/football/falcons-waive-wide-receiver-toone/nY2JY/.