|Date of birth:May 13, 1988|
|Place of birth: Madisonville, KY|
|Height: 5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)||Weight: 185 lb (84 kg)|
|College: Virginia Military Institute|
|Debuted in 2010 for the Montreal Alouettes|
|Roster status: Active|
|CFL status: Import|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Stats at CFL.ca|
Tim Maypray is an American professional football wide receiver who is currently a free agent. He most recently played for the Montreal Alouettes of the Canadian Football League (CFL). Maypray returned kicks for the Alouettes during the 2010 season. During his CFL debut against the Saskatchewan Roughriders, Maypray returned a missed field goal 125 yards for a touchdown.
Maypray played college football at Virginia Military Institute (VMI) where he played several different positions (wide receiver, running back and quarterback) and returned kicks. During his four-year career at VMI, Maypray scored 39 touchdowns. Maypray was named the 2006 Big South Freshman of the Year. He was named First Team All Big South at kick returner, and Second Team All Big South at wide receiver after his sophomore season. Heading into the 2009 season, Maypray received several pre-season honours including being named to the Big South Football Conference Pre-Season All Conference Team at both quarterback and as a punt returner. He was also voted the 2009 Big South Pre-Season Offensive Player of the Year.
Maypray made his professional debut with the Montreal Alouettes of the Canadian Football League (CFL) during the 2010 season. During his first game, Maypray returned a missed field goal by Luca Congi of the Saskatchewan Roughriders 125 yards for a touchdown, setting a team record. During the Alouettes next meeting against the Roughriders, Maypray returned another missed field goal 118 yards for a touchdown. After his second missed field goal return for a touchdown, Maypray was named the CFL's Special Teams Player of the Week.
During the off season of the CFL, Maypray is currently working at his old high school, Randolph-Macon Academy. At Randolph-Macon Academy, Maypray is in charge of tours (disciplinary punishment for cadets), and works as a substitute teacher during the day.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Zurkowsky, Herb (2010-07-09). "'A great opportunity,' Maypray says". Montreal Gazette. http://www.montrealgazette.com/sports/football/montreal-alouettes/great+opportunity+Maypray+says/3254385/story.html. Retrieved 2010-08-11.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 "#28 Tim Maypray". Virginia Military Institute. http://www.vmikeydets.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=9800&ATCLID=1430529. Retrieved 2010-08-11.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 "Tim Maypray, VMI, NFL draft". CBS Sportsline. http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/archive/1276561?tag=pageRow;pageContainer. Retrieved 2010-08-11.
- ↑ Piercy, Justin (2010-08-07). "Alouettes hold off Saskatchewan". Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. http://www.cbc.ca/canada/montreal/story/2010/08/06/sp-cfl-ssk-mtl-game.html. Retrieved 2010-08-11.
- ↑ "Cory Boyd headlines players of the week". Canadian Football League. 2010-08-10. http://www.cfl.ca/article/cory-boyd-headlines-players-of-the-week. Retrieved 2010-08-11.