Green Bay Packer Tim Masthay, riding a fan's bicycle at training camp, August 1, 2011
|No. 8 Green Bay Packers|
|Date of birth:March 16, 1987|
|Place of birth: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania|
|High School: Murray (KY)|
|Height: 6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)||Weight: 200 lb (91 kg)|
|Undrafted in 2009|
|Debuted in 2010 for the Green Bay Packers|
|Roster status: Active|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 17, 2012|
|Punting Yard Average||44.2|
|Stats at NFL.com|
Timothy James Masthay (born March 16, 1987) is an American football punter for the Green Bay Packers of the National Football League. He was signed by the Indianapolis Colts as an undrafted free agent in 2009, but released before the first 2009 pre-season game. He played college football at Kentucky. He was nicknamed "Ginger Wolverine" by his Packers teammates for his long red sideburns.
Tim was born to Mark Masthay, who currently serves as the chairman of the chemistry department at the University of Dayton and to Jean Masthay, currently Executive Director of PregnancyCare in Cincinnati, Ohio. Masthay played youth soccer in Des Moines for the Johnston Hornets. Masthay played both American and association football, as well as baseball and basketball at Murray High School in Murray, Kentucky. His positions on the school's football team included punter, placekicker, kickoff returner, wide receiver, and special teams coach. In the off-seasons, he, along with Thomas Morstead,Pat McAfee, T. J. Conley, Dan Bailey are currently instructors for Kohl's Kicking Camps, a training camp from high-school upwards especially for kickers, punters and long snappers. 
Green Bay Packers
On November 3, 2010, he was named NFC Special Teams Player of the Week.
During the 2011 NFL season, Masthay set Green Bay franchise records for gross and net punting averages for a season with 45.6 and 38.6 yard averages respectively.
In Week 2 of the 2012 NFL season, he threw a 27 yard touchdown pass to TE Tom Crabtree off of a fake field goal. (This gave him a perfect career passer rating of 158.3, although such ratings are not entered as records unless numerous passes are thrown.)
- "PackTalkBack - LIVE chat with Packers FB John Kuhn". http://www.coveritlive.com/index2.php/option=com_altcaster/task=viewaltcast/altcast_code=08b0cb726f.
- What NFL Pros Are Saying About Kohl's Kicking Camps
- Kohl's Staff
- "#44 Tim Masthay". Kentucky Athletics. http://www.ukathletics.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/masthay_tim00.html. Retrieved 2010-02-28.
- Oehser, John (August 10, 2009). "Johnson Activated from Physically Unable to Perform List, Starting at Left Tackle". Colts.com. http://www.colts.com/sub.cfm?page=article7&news_id=1aa2f87d-d1e1-44e0-a653-97d9ba0fc080. Retrieved 2010-02-28.
- "Packers sign P Masthay to Reserve/Future Contract". Packers.com. January 15, 2010. http://www.packers.com/news/releases/2010/01/15/3/. Retrieved 2010-02-21.[dead link]
- NFC Special teams Player of the Week
- By Gary D'Amato of the Journal Sentinel (2012-01-01). "Records fall as Packers' offense shines". Jsonline.com. http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/records-fall-as-packers-offense-shines-u13l1hh-136518393.html. Retrieved 2012-09-14.
- Mayer, Larry. "Bears stunned by TD on fake field goal". Chicagobears.com. http://www.chicagobears.com/news/article-1/Bears-stunned-by-TD-on-fake-field-goal/c2eb27e1-7bce-4bb4-b456-0d88a34ad7c8. Retrieved 2012-09-14.
|Green Bay Packers punters
|Current punters in the National Football League|
|American Football Conference|
|AFC East||AFC North||AFC South||AFC West|
|National Football Conference|
|NFC East||NFC North||NFC South||NFC West|