|No. 62 Hartford Colonials|
|Date of birth:November 22, 1980|
|Place of birth: Clyde, Ohio|
|Height: 6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)||Weight: 315 lb (143 kg)|
|College: Ohio State|
|NFL Draft: 2004 / Round: 3 / Pick: 74|
|Debuted in 2004 for the Buffalo Bills|
|Roster status: Active|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2008|
|Stats at NFL.com|
Timothy J. Anderson (born on November 22, 1980 in Clyde, Ohio) was an American football defensive tackle for the Hartford Colonials of the United Football League. He was drafted by the Buffalo Bills in the third round of the 2004 NFL Draft. He played college football at Ohio State. Anderson has also been a member of the Atlanta Falcons and Dallas Cowboys.
Anderson played high school football in Clyde, Ohio where he received both All-Ohio and All-American honors. Tim also was a wrestling standout winning Ohio's division II state title his junior and senior seasons in the 275 class.
He then attended The Ohio State University, where he was a starter for three years. As a freshman, Anderson played behind Ryan Pickett on the depth chart. When Pickett skipped his senior season to enter the NFL draft, Anderson stepped up and that season recorded three sacks and nine tackles for loss. Anderson's best remembered play at Ohio State came in the 2002 national championship season, when he batted down a fourth-down pass from Illinois's Jon Beutjer in overtime to preserve Ohio State's 23-16 victory.
Anderson was selected by the Bills in the third round of the 2004 NFL Draft. Anderson played in only one game in 2004, but started several in 2005. On October 16, 2005 against the New York Jets, Anderson tackled Jets quarterback Vinny Testaverde for the first sack of his career. Anderson was released by the Bills on October 20, 2007<rerf>Buffalo Bills release DT Tim Anderson; promote TE Derek Schouman.Retrieved on December 29, 2010. </ref>
- 2004 NFL Draft Scout Report.Retrieved on December 29, 2010.
- NFL Stats.Retrieved on December 29, 2010.
- Big Tim Anderson.Retrieved on December 29, 2010.
- Ohio State Football All 2000's Team.Retrieved on December 29, 2010.
- The Magnificent Six : #1 - The 2002 Ohio State Buckeyes.Retrieved on December 29, 2010.
- Stephen Rhodes (March 11, 2008). "Falcons Sign 2". Falcons Gab. http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/falcons_sign_2/195137. Retrieved December 29, 2010.
- Fantasy Football News.Retrieved on December 29, 2010.
- "Dallas Cowboys' Phillips gives dual role a test drive". Dallas News. August 16, 2009. http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/football/cowboys/stories/081609dnspocowbriefs.3f6fa01.html. Retrieved December 29, 2010.
- Hartford Colonials Add NFL Veteran Tim Anderson.Retrieved on December 29, 2010.
- Anthony Wireman (September 3, 2010). "Andre Woodson Cut by UFL's Hartford Colonials". Nation Of Blue. http://www.nationofblue.com/andre-woodson-cut-ufl-s-hartford-colonials-2653/. Retrieved December 29, 2010.