Williams in 2013
|No. 83 Dallas Cowboys|
|Date of birth:September 8, 1989|
|Place of birth: Dallas, Texas|
|High School: Dallas (TX) White|
|NFL Draft: 2013 / Round: 3 / Pick: 74|
|Debuted in 2013 for the Dallas Cowboys|
|* Dallas Cowboys ( 2013–present)|
|Roster status: Active|
|Career highlights and awards|
| * Unanimous All-American (2012)
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 17, 2013|
Terrance Williams (born September 8, 1989) is an American football wide receiver for the Dallas Cowboys of the National Football League (NFL). Williams played college football for Baylor University and earned All-American recognition. The Dallas Cowboys selected him in the third round of the 2013 NFL Draft.
Williams was born in Dallas, Texas. He attended W. T. White High School in Dallas, and played for the White Longhorns high school football team. As a senior he had 59 receptions for 972 yards and eight touchdowns. Considered a two-star recruit by Rivals.com, he accepted a scholarship to Baylor over an offer from Colorado State.
Williams attended Baylor University, where he played for the Baylor Bears football team from 2008 to 2012. During his college career, he had 202 receptions for 3,334 yards with 27 touchdowns. Williams was also a Biletnikoff Award finalist for 2011. In 2012, he led the nation with 1,832 receiving yards.
Track and fieldEdit
Williams was also a track and field athlete for the Baylor Bears, and he posted personal bests of 7.61 meters in the long jump and 14.82 meters in the triple jump. He also ran the 60 meters and 100 meters, with personal bests of 7.10 seconds and 10.98 seconds, respectively.
Personal bestsEdit
|60 meters||7.10||Norman, Oklahoma||January 19, 2013|
|100 meters||10.98||Arlington, Virginia||April 2, 2011|
|200 meters||23.05||Norman, Oklahoma||February 16, 2013|
|Long Jump||7.61||Austin, Texas||April 8, 2011|
|Triple jump||14.82||Humble, Texas||May 4, 2011|
2013 NFL CombineEdit
|Ht||Wt||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP||Wonderlic|
|6 ft 2 in||210 lb||4.48 s||1.57 s||2.53 s||4.32 s||7.01 s||32.5 in||9 ft 11 in||11 rep|
2013 NFL DraftEdit
In the 2013 NFL Draft, the Dallas Cowboys traded down in the first round with the San Francisco 49ers, in exchange for a third round pick that the team used to draft Williams with the 74th overall pick.
Williams struggled in training camp adjusting to the team's offense, but by the end of the preseason he had supplanted Dwayne Harris as the third wide receiver. He again struggled at the start of the regular season with his route running and dropped passes, until the fourth game against the San Diego Chargers, where he started in place of an injured Miles Austin and registered seven receptions for 71 yards, but also had a critical fumble trying to extend for a touchdown in the last minutes of the game. He started the next week playing against the Denver Broncos and had four receptions for 151 yards with one touchdown. By week 8 against the Detroit Lions, Williams set a Cowboys' franchise record for rookies, with a touchdown in his 4th consecutive game. He returned to his third receiver position in the 11th game of the season against the New York Giants and also started returning kickoffs in place of an injured Harris.
He finished his rookie season with 44 receptions for 736 yards (16.7 average) and 5 receiving touchdowns. At the time his totals ranked fourth for most receptions, most receiving yards and most receiving touchdowns by a rookie in franchise history.
- ↑ http://rivals.yahoo.com/baylor/football/recruiting/player-Terrance-Williams-62678
- ↑ "2012 NCAA Division I-A College Football Individual Statistics Leaders for Receiving". espn.go.com. Retrieved February 7, 2013.
- ↑ "Adrian Peterson-Oklahoma RB-2007 NFL Draft Scout Player Profile". Nfldraftscout.com. http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=58020&draftyear=2007&genpos=RB. Retrieved November 28, 2008.
- ↑ http://www.dallascowboys101.com/2013/04/29/dallas-cowboys-2013-nfl-draft-review/ "Dallas Cowboys 2013 NFL Draft Review"]. www.DallasCowboys101.com. Retrieved May 2, 2013.
- ↑ "Wk 8 Can't-Miss Play: Williams can't stop scoring". NFL.com. National Football League. http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000270248/Wk-8-Can-t-Miss-Play-Williams-can-t-stop-scoring. Retrieved October 27, 2013.
- Career statistics and player information from NFL.com • ESPN • Pro-Football-Reference
- Baylor Bears bio