|Date of birth:May 11, 1901|
|Place of birth: Red Cliff, Wisconsin|
|Date of death: August 19, 1969(aged 67)|
|Place of death: Washburn, Wisconsin|
|College: Haskell Indian|
|No regular season or postseason appearances|
|* Oorang Indians (1923)|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Stats at NFL.com|
|Stats at pro-football-reference.com|
Buffalo was born in Red Cliff, Wisconsin, and attended Haskell Indian Nations University. In 1923, he joined the NFL's Oorang Indians, a team based in LaRue, Ohio which was composed of only Native Americans. The team was coached by Jim Thorpe. Buffalo played one season in the NFL. He was a Chippewa and 23 years old when he joined the team.
He died on August 19, 1969 in Washburn, Wisconsin.
- "NFL Players who attended Haskell Indian Nations University". databaseSports.com. http://www.databasefootball.com/players/bycollege.htm?sch=Haskell+Indian+Nations+University. Retrieved January 30, 2014.
- "The Oorang Indians". The Coffin Corner. Archived from the original on November 27, 2010. https://web.archive.org/web/20101127050226/http://profootballresearchers.org/Coffin_Corner/03-01-057.pdf. Retrieved January 30, 2014.
- "Ted Buffalo". Pro-Football-Reference.com. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BuffTe20.htm. Retrieved January 30, 2014.
- "TED BUFFALO". The Pro Football Archives. http://www.profootballarchives.com/buff00200.html. Retrieved January 30, 2014.
- Whitman, Robert L. (1984). Jim Thorpe and the Oorang Indians: The N.F.L.'s Most Colorful Franchise. [Mount Gilead, OH]: Marion County Historical Society. OCLC 717439558.