|Date of birth:||November 15, 1938|
|Place of birth:||Savannah, Georgia|
|Height:||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|NFL Draft:||1960 / Round: 7|
|St. Louis Cardinals|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Awards:||1961 Cardinals Rookie of the Year|
|Honors:||All State High School Football,Honorable All American as fullback at Georgia Tech in 1959.Savannah Ga Football athlete of century,Georgia Sports Hall of Fame,Georgia Tech Athletic Hall of Fame|
|Playing stats at|
Taz Anderson (born November 15, 1938 in Savannah, Georgia) was an American football player who played for the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets football team and professionally for the St. Louis Cardinals and the Atlanta Falcons. While at Georgia Tech, he was a member of the Chi Phi Fraternity. In 2005, he was elected to the Georgia Sports Hall of Fame.
After his professional sports career, Anderson became an Atlanta-area realtor, and owns TazMedia and Taz Anderson Realty. He helped create the Centennial Tower (a large olympic flame commemorating the 1996 Summer Olympics) next to The Varsity.
Anderson was also deeply involved with the Georgia Tech Athletic Association; for ten years, he was a trustee, and "has been [a] member of or chair of every major project for the Tech Athletic Association for the past 30 years." He organized and served as developer of the 1985 renovation of Alexander Memorial Coliseum.
- "Taz Anderson". Pro-Football-Reference.com. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/AndeTa00.htm. Retrieved 2007-03-24.
- "Taz Anderson". Georgia Sports Hall of Fame. http://www.gshf.org/site/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=387&Itemid=50. Retrieved 2007-03-26.[dead link]
- Not to be confused with the NFL Rookie of the Year Award.
- "Anderson, Gaston Represent Tech in Ga Sports Hall of Fame Class". theacc.com. 2005-09-26. http://www.theacc.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/092605aan.html. Retrieved 2007-03-24.
- "Real Estate Team: Taz Anderson, Jr.". Taz Anderson Realty Company. http://www.tazandersonrealty.com/realestateteam.html. Retrieved 2007-03-24.[dead link]
- Credeur, Mary Jane (2005-05-20). "Success after the cheering fades away". Atlanta Business Chronicle. http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/stories/2005/05/23/story6.html. Retrieved 2007-03-24.
- Dunn, John (Summer 1996). "Taz's Tower". Georgia Tech Alumni Magazine Online (Georgia Tech Alumni Association). http://www.gtalumni.org/Publications/magazine/sum96/inside.html. Retrieved 2007-03-24.
- Asher, Gene (2006-11). "Tech Support: Football great Taz Anderson now scores fund-raising dollars for his school instead of points.". http://www.georgiatrend.com/features-sports-leisure/200611-legends.shtml. Retrieved 2007-03-24.