Moton with the Carolina Panthers in 2018
|Date of birth:August 18, 1994|
|Place of birth: Lansing, Michigan|
|College: Western Michigan|
|NFL Draft: 2017 / Round: 2 / Pick: 64|
|No regular season or postseason appearances|
|* Carolina Panthers ( 2017–present)|
|Roster status: Active|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2018|
|Stats at pro-football-reference.com|
Taylor Moton (born August 18, 1994) is an American football offensive tackle for the Carolina Panthers of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football at Western Michigan. He was drafted by the Panthers in the second round of the 2017 NFL Draft.
Moton attended Okemos High School in Okemos, Michigan. He played football, basketball and ran track.
Moton received an invitation to the Senior Bowl and played offensive tackle for the North who lost 15-16 to the South. He attended the NFL Combine and completed all of the combine and positional drills. A dozen NFL scouts attended Western Michigan's Pro Day, as Moton only ran positional drills with 13 other prospects. NFL draft experts and analysts projected him to be a second or third round pick in the 2017 NFL draft. He was ranked the fourth best offensive tackle in the draft by NFL analyst Mike Mayock and was ranked the fifth best offensive tackle by Sports Illustrated, NFLDraftScout.com, and ESPN.
|Ht||WtArm lengthHand size||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 5 in||319 lb34⅛ in10⅝ in||5.18 s||1.84 s||3.01 s||4.58 s||7.73 s||30½ in||9 ft 1 in||23 reps|
The Carolina Panthers selected Moton in the second round (64th overall) of the 2017 NFL Draft. The pick used to select Moton was acquired in a trade with the New England Patriots in a trade that sent Kony Ealy to the Patriots.
On May 4, 2017, the Carolina Panthers signed Moton to a four-year, $4.15 million contract with $2.28 million guaranteed and a signing bonus of $1.16 million.
In 2018, Moton started Week 1 at left tackle in place of an injured Matt Kalil, then moved over to right tackle in Week 2 after the Panthers signed veteran Chris Clark to be their left tackle and Daryl Williams suffered a season-ending injury. He became the starting right tackle the rest of the season.
- Western's Moton out to enhance pro stock at Senior Bowl
- WMU's Taylor Moton watches teammates get drafted, eager for next year
- Western Michigan bookend tackles power Broncos, show NFL promise
- Okemos grad Taylor Moton won big with Western Michigan
- Combine notes: Western Michigan's Taylor Moton brings flexibility
- "Senior Bowl: 2017 North Team".
- Cory Olsen (March 16, 2017). "NFL scouts test Western Michigan players at pro day".
- Chris Burke (April 24, 2017). "2017 NFL Draft Rankings: Top Prospects by Position".
- Jeff Legwold (April 22, 2017). "Ranking the 2017 Draft's Top 100 Players".
- Mike Mayock (April 12, 2017). "Mike Mayock's 2017 NFL Draft position rankings 3.0".
- Strickland, Bryan (April 28, 2017). "Panthers draft Taylor Moton in second round". http://www.panthers.com/news/article-2/Panthers-draft-Taylor-Moton-in-second-round/e236764c-3408-4fb1-bc54-b936495377e1.
- "Spotrac.com: Taylor Moton contract".