|Super Bowl XLVII|
|Away Team||AFC Champion|
|Home Team||NFC Champion|
|Date||February 3, 2013|
|City||New Orleans, Louisiana|
|TV in the United States|
|< XLVI • Super Bowl • XLVIII >|
Super Bowl XLVII, the 47th edition of the Super Bowl and the 43rd modern era National Football League championship game, is scheduled to be played in 2013 at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans, Louisiana. The game will be held on February 3, 2013. Therefore, the 2013 Mardi Gras calendar in Orleans Parish will be changed. Parades scheduled for February 3 and before will likely move ahead one week. The same occurred in 2002 when the September 11 attacks caused a one-week delay in the 2001 NFL season, resulting in Super Bowl XXXVI falling within the Mardi Gras parade calendar.
The game will be carried by CBS and will be simulcast in Canada by CTV. CBS plans on charging a record high US $4,000,000 for each thirty-second advertisement. Already, General Motors has announced they will pass on the game, citing the advertising costs.
The bids were:
- Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans, Louisiana
- University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale, Arizona
- Sun Life Stadium in Miami, Florida
New Orleans was ultimately selected to host the game.
This will be the tenth time that the city has hosted the Super Bowl, by far the most by an individual city and once again tying with the Miami area for the most Super Bowls hosted by a metropolitan area (they have been tied in the past). It will be the first Super Bowl to be held in New Orleans since the Superdome sustained damage from Hurricane Katrina in 2005. It will also be the first Super Bowl held in the Superdome since selling the naming rights to Mercedes-Benz and undergoing a major renovation in 2011, including the addition of Champions Square.
New Orleans beat out Glendale, Arizona (which will host Super Bowl XLIX) and Miami (South Florida) for the right to host the game at the NFL's Spring Ownership Meetings in Fort Lauderdale, Florida on May 19, 2009.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Sean McManus. CBS News. Retrieved on 2011-01-14.
- ↑ 2012 Saints Opponents Announced. Neworleanssaints.com. Retrieved on 2012-01-04.
- ↑ CBS Q4 Profits Soar on Streaming Deals (Updated). The Wrap. Retrieved February 15, 2012.
- ↑ GM Says It's Passing on $4 Million Super Bowl Ad Rates, Reuters via comcast.net 19 May 2012.
- ↑ LIVE BLOG – New Orleans to host 2013 Super Bowl. Neworleans.com. Retrieved on 2011-01-14.
- ↑ New Orleans to host 10th Super Bowl in 2013 – ESPN. Sports.espn.go.com (2009-05-19). Retrieved on 2011-01-14.
|This American football-related article is a stub. You can help The American Football Database by expanding it.|
| This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Super Bowl XLVII.|
The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with American Football Database, the text of Wikipedia is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.