|Date of birth:August 14, 1984|
|Place of birth: Homestead, Florida|
|Undrafted in 2007|
|No regular season or postseason appearances|
|* Denver Broncos ( 2007– 2008)|
|Career highlights and awards|
|* SEC Championship (2006)|
|Stats at NFL.com|
|Stats at pro-football-reference.com|
Steven Harris (born August 14, 1984) is a former American college and professional football player who was a defensive tackle in the National Football League (NFL) for a single season in 2007. Harris played college football for the University of Florida, and was a member of a BCS National Championship team. Thereafter, he played professionally for the Denver Broncos of the NFL.
Early years Edit
College career Edit
Harris accepted an athletic scholarship to attend the University of Florida in Gainesville, Florida, where he was a defensive lineman for coach Ron Zook and coach Urban Meyer's Florida Gators football teams from 2003 to 2006. He was a starting defensive tackle for the 2006 Gators team that defeated the Ohio State Buckeyes, 41–14, in the 2007 BCS National Championship Game. As a senior in 2006, Harris was the recipient of the Gators' James W. Kynes Award, recognizing the lineman who "best exemplified mental and physical toughness and iron-man determination."
Professional career Edit
Harris was signed by the NFL's Denver Broncos as an undrafted free agent in 2007, and played in four regular season games for the Broncos during 2007. On August 31, 2008, Harris was signed to the Broncos practice squad; he was released on October 21 to make room for running back P. J. Pope.
See also Edit
- 2006 Florida Gators football team
- Florida Gators
- History of the Denver Broncos
- List of Florida Gators football players in the NFL
- ↑ Pro-Football-Reference.com, Players, Steven Harris. Retrieved March 17, 2011.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 GatorZone.com, Football History, 2006 Roster, Steven Harris Script error. Retrieved March 17, 2011.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 2011 Florida Gators Football Media Guide Script error, University Athletic Association, Gainesville, Florida, pp. 98, 103, 182 (2011). Retrieved August 29, 2011.
- ↑ databaseFootball.com, Players, Steven Harris Script error. Retrieved March 17, 2011.
- Carlson, Norm, University of Florida Football Vault: The History of the Florida Gators, Whitman Publishing, LLC, Atlanta, Georgia (2007). ISBN 0-7948-2298-3.
- Steven Harris – Florida Gators player profile