Steven Michael Alatorre (born September 3, 1959) is a former Canadian football quarterback who played for the Montreal Concordes of the Canadian Football League (CFL). He played three regular season games for the Concordes. On 22 attempts, Alatorre passed for 114 yards, one touchdown, and one interception. Alatorre signed with the Saskatchewan Roughriders of the CFL in 1982 and was traded to the Montreal Concordes before the start of the regular season. Due to an injury to Ken Johnson, Alatorre started the first game of the 1982 season. However, he was replaced by Luc Tousignant to begin the second half.
Alatorre played college football at Cypress College before transferring to Tennessee, where he was the starting quarterback during the 1981 season and part of the 1980 season. During his two years at Tennessee, he completed 139 of 273 passes for 1,918 yards, 13 touchdowns, and 20 interceptions. He led the Volunteers to a 28–21 win over Wisconsin in the 1981 Garden State Bowl, completing 24 of 42 passes for 315 yards and a touchdown, and winning the game's MVP honors.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Maher, Tod; Gill, Bob (2013). The Canadian Pro Football Encyclopedia: Every Player, Coach and Game, 1946–2012. Maher Sports Media. pp. 141, 568. ISBN 978-0983513667.
- ↑ 1981 Tennessee Volunteers Football Guide (University of Tennessee, 1981), p. 37.
- ↑ "Adams Sticks, Alatorre Traded". The Tennessean: pp. 4. July 6, 1982. https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/111695723/. Retrieved July 18, 2017.
- ↑ Farber, Michael (July 17, 1982). "Respect will come if 'Cordes improve". The Montreal Gazette. https://news.google.ca/newspapers?id=8zIwAAAAIBAJ&sjid=AKUFAAAAIBAJ&pg=1085,1706577&dq=steve+alatorre&hl=en. Retrieved July 18, 2017.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Career Football Statistics Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Webarchive/data' not found., UTSports.com. Accessed: May 15, 2016.
- ↑ Tennessee Football Record Book Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Webarchive/data' not found. (UTSports.com, 2012), p. 370.
Template:Montreal Alouettes starting quarterback navbox