|Date of birth:April 12, 1990|
|Place of birth: Miami, Florida|
|NFL Draft: 2014 / Round: 2 / Pick: 58|
|No regular season or postseason appearances|
|* New Orleans Saints ( 2014)|
|Career highlights and awards|
|* Second-team All-Big Ten (2013)|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2018|
Stanley Jean-Baptiste (born April 12, 1990) is an American football cornerback who is currently a free agent. He was drafted by the New Orleans Saints in the second round of the 2014 NFL Draft. He played college football at Nebraska.
Jean-Baptiste, the son of Haitian immigrant parents, attended Westlake Preparatory School in Davie, Florida, where he played football, basketball and ran track for coach Michael Tunsil. In football, he played wide receiver. As a senior, he had 21 catches for 569 yards and seven touchdowns through the first five games of the season. Defensively, as a safety, he had six interceptions and two touchdowns. In track, he competed in sprints and jumps and recorded times of 11.4 in the 100m and 23.3 in the 200m. Following high school, Jean-Baptiste spent one year at North Carolina Tech Christian Academy, totaling 36 receptions for 580 yards in 2008.
Jean-Baptiste played safety and wide receiver while at Fort Scott Community College in his redshirted season. He signed with the University of Nebraska following the season. He finished college with a total of 74 tackles, 7 interceptions, 22 pass deflections and one sack, and was named second-team All-Big Ten after recording 41 tackles, 12 pass breakups and four interceptions in his senior season.
On December 30, 2013, it was reported that Jean-Baptiste had accepted his invitation to play in the 2014 Senior Bowl. On January 25, 2014, Jean-Baptiste recorded five combined tackles in the Senior Bowl playing as a part of Atlanta Falcons' head coach Mike Smith's North team that loss to the South 20-10.
|Ht||WtArm lengthHand size||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 3 in||218 lb32⅜ in8⅝ in||4.61 s||1.58 s||2.67 s||4.33 s||6.69 s||41½ in||10 ft 8 in||13 reps|
New Orleans SaintsEdit
On May 18, 2014, the New Orleans Saints signed Jean-Baptiste to a four-year, $3.57 million contract and a signing bonus of $970,000.
Baptiste played in only four games during his rookie year with the Saints, almost entirely on special teams.
On September 3, 2015, Jean-Baptiste was constantly beaten in coverage during the Saints' 38-10 loss to the Green Bay Packers in their last preseason game. He was scolded by head coach Sean Payton on the sideline and was released two days later on September 5, 2015.
On September 6, 2015, Jean-Baptiste cleared waivers. Later that afternoon, he was signed to Detroit Lions practice squad after refusing offers from several other teams. He was cut by the Lions on December 15.
On December 17, 2015, Jean-Baptiste was signed to the Seattle Seahawks practice squad.
Kansas City ChiefsEdit
On August 31, 2018, Jean-Baptiste was placed on injured reserve after suffering a broken arm in the final preseason game.
On March 26, 2019, Jean-Baptiste re-signed with the Ravens.
- ↑ Ted Lewis, "Saints pick Jean-Baptiste in second round of draft", The Advocate, May 9, 2014.
- ↑ "Stanley Jean-Baptiste". https://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Stanley-Jean-Baptiste-114105.
- ↑ "College Statistics". sports-reference.com. https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/stanley-jean-baptiste-1.html.
- ↑ "Twelve Huskers Honored by Big Ten" (in en). http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=209330176&DB_OEM_ID=100.
- ↑ "Players who have accepted invites for 2014 Senior Bowl". December 30, 2013. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000291817/article/players-who-have-accepted-invites-for-2014-senior-bowl. Retrieved December 13, 2017.
- ↑ Prather, Scott (May 18, 2014). "Saints Sign 2nd Round Pick Stanley Jean-Baptiste To 4-Year Deal". http://espn1420.com/saints-sign-2nd-round-pick-stanley-jean-baptiste-to-4-year-deal/.
- ↑ Ted Lewis, "Saints cornerback Jean-Baptiste waits to take active role, says: 'I can’t figure out what’s going on...I'm feeling lost'", The Advocate, December 28, 2014.
- ↑ Nick Underhill, "Release of Stanley Jean-Baptiste shows Saints are committed to erasing previous missteps", The Advocate, September 5, 2015.
- ↑ "Where does Stanley Jean-Baptiste rank among New Orleans Saints' draft busts?". September 6, 2015. http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2015/09/saints_stanley_jean-baptiste.html. Retrieved December 13, 2017.
- ↑ Alper, Josh (2015-09-06). "Stanley Jean-Baptiste goes unclaimed" (in en). https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/09/06/stanley-jean-baptiste-goes-unclaimed/.
- ↑ Justin Rogers, "Stanley Jean-Baptiste passes on New York Jets to join Detroit Lions; switch to safety not current plan", Mlive, September 8, 2015.
- ↑ Katzenstein, Josh (December 15, 2015). "Lions waive RT LaAdrian Waddle". Detroit News. http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2015/12/15/lions-waive-rt-laadrian-waddle/77381970/. Retrieved December 15, 2015.
- ↑ "Seattle Seahawks sign Stanley Jean-Baptiste to practice squad". 247sports.com. December 17, 2015. http://sea.247sports.com/Bolt/Seattle-Seahawks-sign-Stanley-Jean-Baptiste-to-practice-squad-42112610. Retrieved December 17, 2015.
- ↑ "Chiefs Announce Roster Moves". May 9, 2017. https://web.archive.org/web/20180424235456/http://www.chiefs.com/news/article-2/Chiefs-Announce-Roster-Moves/b97f3a47-39df-4982-9b4d-f072a232435d. Retrieved May 9, 2017.
- ↑ Thorman, Joel (June 16, 2017). "Chiefs sign two players, cut Stanley Jean-Baptiste". https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2017/6/16/15815922/chiefs-sign-two-players-cut-stanley-jean-baptiste.
- ↑ Williams, Charean (July 25, 2017). "Jaguars sign CB Stanley Jean-Baptiste". http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/07/25/jaguars-sign-cb-stanley-jean-baptiste/.
- ↑ Oehser, John (September 2, 2017). "Jaguars reduce active roster to 53 players". http://www.jaguars.com/news/article-JaguarsNews/Jaguars-reduce-active-roster-to-53-players/11928d4a-71bb-4c27-af08-70f67c3242e8.
- ↑ "Jaguars sign two players to 10-man practice squad". September 4, 2017. Archived from the original on September 6, 2017. https://web.archive.org/web/20170906171248/http://www.jaguars.com/news/article-JaguarsNews/Jaguars-sign-two-players-to-10-man-practice-squad/c7ac9cf6-2c9f-41ef-b032-330c0c91d40e.
- ↑ Mink, Ryan (October 3, 2017). "Ravens Sign Two Players To P-Squad, Including Former 2nd-Round Cornerback". http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Ravens-Sign-Two-Players-to-P-Squad-Including-Former-2nd-Round-Cornerback/bfe0208f-8d64-4e08-bf18-a00705291d02.
- ↑ "Ravens officially place CB Jimmy Smith on IR, promote CB Stanley Jean-Baptiste to active roster and sign CB Robertson Daniel to practice squad". December 5, 2017. https://www.baltimorebeatdown.com/2017/12/5/16738802/ravens-place-cb-jimmy-smith-on-ir-promote-cb-stanley-jean-baptiste-and-sign-cb-robertson-daniel.
- ↑ Mink, Ryan (August 31, 2018). "Ravens Release 10 Players, Send Four to Injured Reserve". https://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/ravens-release-10-players-send-four-to-injured-reserve.
- ↑ Smith, Michael David (March 26, 2019). "Ravens re-sign Stanley Jean-Baptiste". NBC Sports. https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/03/26/ravens-re-sign-stanley-jean-baptiste/.