|Sioux Falls Arena|
|Location||1201 North West Avenue|
Sioux Falls, South Dakota 57104
|Owner||City of Sioux Falls|
($10.9 million in 2018 dollars)
|Architect||Spitznagel and Associates|
|Sioux Falls Skyforce (CBA/D-League) (1989–2013)|
Sioux Falls Stampede (USHL) (1999–2014)
Sioux Falls Storm (IFL) (2000–2014)
Augustana Vikings (NSIC) (2014–present)
Sioux Falls Arena is a 7,500-seat multi-purpose arena located in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. The facility was built in 1961. It seats 6,113 for basketball games and 4,760 for indoor football and hockey.
It was the home of the Sioux Falls Skyforce basketball team (1989–2013), the Sioux Falls Storm indoor football team, and the Sioux Falls Stampede ice hockey team, as well as a variety of state high school championship events.
Beginning in the fall of 2014, the Arena has been the home of Augustana University Vikings men's and women's basketball games.
Elvis Presley performed one of his final concerts here on June 22, 1977.
- ↑ Reuter, George S.; Reuter, Helen H. (1965). Democracy and Quality Education. Paddock Publications for Educational Research Association of the U.S.A..
- ↑ Consumer Price Index (estimate) 1800–2008. Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis. Retrieved December 7, 2010.
- ↑ Michelle L. Dennis (2007). "Post-World War II Architecture in South Dakota". Preservation. State of South Dakota. http://history.sd.gov/Preservation/OtherServices/SDPost-WWIIArchitecture.pdf. Retrieved November 22, 2011.
- ↑ Zimmer, Matt (April 20, 2014). "Sharing home game dates was new for the Stampede and Skyforce — the crowds still came". Argus Leader (Sioux Falls, SD: Gannett Company). http://www.argusleader.com/story/sports/2014/04/20/sunday-spotlight-sharing-home-game-dates-new-stampede-skyforce-crowds-still-came/7930613/. Retrieved April 25, 2014.
- ↑ "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2001-07-07. https://web.archive.org/web/20010707081204/http://www.siouxfallscvb.com/sfarena.cfm. Retrieved 2010-01-27.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sioux Falls Arena.|