Smith with the Denver Broncos in 2015
|No. 71, 66, 64, 60|
|Date of birth:May 21, 1987|
|Place of birth: Phoenix, Arizona|
|College: Colorado State|
|NFL Draft: 2010 / Round: 6 / Pick: 187|
|No regular season or postseason appearances|
|* Houston Texans ( 2010– 2011)|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2014|
Shelley Andres Smith (born May 21, 1987) is a former American football guard. He was drafted by the Houston Texans in the sixth round of the 2010 NFL Draft. He played college football at Colorado State.
Smith was drafted by the Houston Texans in the sixth round (187th pick overall) of the 2010 NFL Draft. He was the highest drafted CSU Rams offensive lineman since Clint Oldenburg in 2007. On June 16, 2010 Smith signed a four-year deal with the Texans worth $1.894 million. On October 6, 2010 Smith was waived. The next day Smith was signed to the teams practice squad. On December 1, 2010 Smith was signed to the teams active roster. On August 29, 2011 Smith was placed on injured reserve with an ankle injury, ending his season. On September 1, 2012 Smith was waived.
St. Louis RamsEdit
On September 3, 2012 Smith was claimed off waivers by the St. Louis Rams. On October 21, 2012, Smith made his first career start at left guard against the Green Bay Packers. In 2013 Smith played 371 offensive snaps.
After Smith's rookie contract expired, Smith signed with the Miami Dolphins on March 14, 2014. Smith rotated at many positions with the Dolphins. Smith had stints at right guard, left guard and center. He was released on March 10, 2015.
Second stint with Dolphins Edit
On December 22, 2015, Smith re-signed with the Dolphins.
- ↑ Shelley Smith at ESPN
- ↑ "Recent news on Shelley Smith - Miami Dolphins - Rotoworld.com". http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/nfl/5946/shelley-smith. Retrieved December 25, 2015.
- ↑ "Rams add reinforcements : Sports". http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football/professional/rams-add-reinforcements/article_9565f239-6ae7-56ac-989c-ae54a0f40701.html. Retrieved December 25, 2015.
- ↑ "Rams don't expect a free-agent frenzy : Sports". http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football/professional/rams-say-they-ll-be-less-active-in-free-agency/article_e5ef840c-0499-5aec-849c-cab7813f225e.html. Retrieved December 25, 2015.
- ↑ Dolphins Sign Guard Shelley Smith
- ↑ "Miami Dolphins release offensive guard Shelley Smith". Sun Sentinel. http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/sfl-miami-dolphins-release-offensive-guard-shelley-smith-20150310-story.html. Retrieved March 10, 2015.
- ↑ Swanson, Ben. "Broncos agree to terms with guard Shelley Smith". DenverBroncos.com. http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Broncos-agree-to-terms-with-guard-Shelley-Smith/edc7663d-272b-4374-af82-4775804fd80f. Retrieved March 13, 2015.
- ↑ Kelly, Omar (December 22, 2015). "Dolphins place Koa Misi, Chris McCain on injured reserve". Sun-Sentinel.com. http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/sfl-dolphins-placed-misi-mccain-on-injured-reserve-20151222-story.html. Retrieved January 2, 2016.