Ajirotutu with the San Diego Chargers
|No. 89, 19, 13, 16|
|Wide receiver / Special teamer|
|Date of birth:June 12, 1987|
|Place of birth: El Dorado Hills, California|
|College: Fresno State|
|Undrafted in 2010|
|No regular season or postseason appearances|
|* San Diego Chargers ( 2010)|
|Career highlights and awards|
Oluseyi Ajirotutu (born June 12, 1987) is a former American football wide receiver and special teamer. He was signed by the San Diego Chargers as an undrafted free agent in 2010. He played college football at Fresno State. He is of Nigerian origin.
Ajirotutu attended Oak Ridge High School in El Dorado Hills, California from 2001 to 2005. As a junior, Ajirotutu was selected to the First-Team All-League as a defensive back after making 70 tackles and picking off five passes. As a senior during the 2004-2005 season, he caught 77 passes for 1,205 yards and 17 touchdowns, leading all divisions in the Sac-Joaquin section. Ajirotutu had a monster game in the section championship against Del Oro with six receptions for 194 yards and three touchdowns, and at safety he made 15 tackles, eight of them solo. At season's end, he was selected as the Most Valuable Player on the Sacramento Bee All-Metro team after leading Oak Ridge to the Sac-Joaquin Section Division II championship. Additionally, Ajirotutu was selected as the Sierra Conference co-Defensive Player of the Year after tallying 95 tackles, five interceptions and a blocked punt. Ajirotutu was a two-year varsity letter winner and was selected to both the Cal-Hi Sports second-team all-state and the first-team All-NorCal.
In 2005, he redshirted as a freshman. In 2009, he was selected Second Team All-Western Athletic Conference as voted on by the WAC head coaches. Ajirotutu led the Bulldogs with 48 receptions for 671 yards and seven touchdowns.
San Diego Chargers (2010)Edit
Ajirotutu was not selected in the 2010 NFL Draft but joined the team shortly after as an undrafted free agent. Ajirotutu received playing time due to the many injuries. He had a breakout game during week 9 on November 7, 2010 when he caught 4 catches for 111 yards and two touchdowns in the Chargers win over the Houston Texans. He ended the season with 13 catches for 262 yards and two touchdowns. He was waived on September 3, 2011.
Carolina Panthers (2011)Edit
On September 4, 2011, he was claimed off waivers by the Carolina Panthers.
On August 31, 2012, the day directly following their final preseason game in 2012, he was cut by the Panthers.
San Diego Chargers (2012−2014)Edit
On October 29, 2012, Ajirotutu was again signed by the Chargers after Richard Goodman was put on injured reserve for the remainder of the season. Ajirotutu would later be placed on injured reserve for the remainder of the 2012 season.
Philadelphia Eagles (2015)Edit
|Year||Team||Games||Rec.||Tgts.||Rec. Yards||Avg.||Long||TDs||First Downs||Fum.||Fum. Lost|
- ↑ Henne, Ricky (August 16, 2013). "Look Who's Back with the Bolts...". http://www.chargers.com/news/article-1/Look-Whos-Back-with-the-Bolts/3b673cca-b312-4096-b5c6-a50958af9654. Retrieved August 17, 2013.
- ↑ Henne, Ricky (December 29, 2014). "2014 Team Player Awards Announced". Chargers.com. Archived from the original on December 31, 2014. https://www.webcitation.org/6VDdI8f1v?url=http://www.chargers.com/news/article-1/2014-Team-Player-Awards-Announced/af1d2738-89af-4a68-ad25-9ab6d5bd9645.
- ↑ Berman, Zach (April 7, 2015). "DB E.J. Biggers, WR Seyi Ajirotutu sign with Eagles". http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/sports/eagles/DB-EJ-Biggers-visiting-the-Eagles-on-Tuesday.html. Retrieved April 7, 2015.
- ↑ "Seyi Ajirotutu Stats". ESPN Internet Ventures. http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/13524/seyi-ajirotutu. Retrieved 14 January 2014.
- ↑ "Chargers bio". http://www.chargers.com/team/players/roster/seyi-ajirotutu. Retrieved 4 December 2017.