|No. 95 Dallas Cowboys|
|Date of birth:September 11, 1987|
|Place of birth: Teaneck, New Jersey|
|High School: Dumont (NJ)|
|Height: 6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)||Weight: 303 lb (137 kg)|
|College: William & Mary|
|NFL Draft: 2010 / Round: 7 / Pick: 234|
|Debuted in 2010 for the Dallas Cowboys|
|Roster status: Active|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2012|
|Stats at NFL.com|
Sean Lissemore (born September 11, 1987) is an American football defensive lineman for the Dallas Cowboys of the National Football League. He was drafted by the Cowboys in the 7th round (234th overall) of the 2010 NFL Draft. He played college football at William & Mary.
Lissemore grew up in Dumont, New Jersey, attending Dumont High School, where he was a three year starter, both at offensive guard, defensive end and linebacker. As a senior, he handled kickoff duties, recorded 120 total tackles, nine sacks and one interception in his senior season. For his performance, he was selected to the First-team All-league as a linebacker and All-North Jersey Group 2, was invited to the Governor's Bowl and Bergen All-Star game and earned honorable mention all-county honors.
While at Dumont, Lissemore was also a four-year letterman and an all-league performer in track and field in the 100 and 200 metres. He also competed in shot put. He was also a three-year letter winner in wrestling, where he was an All-league performer and state medalist in the 215 pound weight class.
Lissmore attended the College of William & Mary and majored in kinesiology. As a true freshman, served as scout team defensive lineman. In 2006, as a freshman, he recorded 33 tackles, 2.5 for a loss and one sack. In 2006, as a sophomore, he suffered a torn shoulder labrum and started 10-of-11 games at defensive tackle, recording 43 tackles, two sacks, and four tackles-for-losses and one interception. As a junior in 2008, Lissmore started all 11 games and recorded 51 tackles, 7.5 for losses and four sacks. On the season, he was the W&M QB Club Defensive Player of the Week twice (Towson/Richmond) and Special Teams Player of the Week once (New Hampshire). In 2009 as a senior, he served as a team captain, earned All-America honors from College Sporting News and Sports Network while also being selected to the All-CAA First Team. For the season, he recored 66 tackles, 14 for losses, two interceptions all while starting 14 games. Also as a senior, he played in Texas at the Nation All-Star Game.
At his Pro Day Lissemore recorded 36 reps 225 pounds he also ran a 4.83 second 40-yard dash and record a 30" vertical jump. In April, before the draft, he was invited to a private workout with the New York Giants. He was selected in the seventh round (234th overall) of the 2010 NFL Draft by the Dallas Cowboys.
- ↑ "Last Cowboys pick in 2010 NFL Draft". dallascowboys.com. 2010-04-24. http://www.dallascowboys.com/team/draft_picks_detail.cfm?id=F5F81EA4-AA69-6711-1EBD51028B08091B. Retrieved 2010-04-24.
- ↑ Staff. "Three North Jersey natives caught in the NFL draft", The Record (Bergen County), April 24, 2010. Accessed February 28, 2011. "Bergen Catholic graduate and Stanford tight end Jim Dray of Paramus was picked by the Cardinals in the seventh round (233rd overall), one pick before the Cowboys took Dumont’s Sean Lissemore, a defensive tackle from William & Mary."
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Archer, Todd. "Track, wrestling helped Sean Lissemore on football field". DallasNews.com. http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2010/04/track-wrestling-helped-sean-li.html. Retrieved February 11, 2011.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 "2010 Scouting Report: Sean Lissemore, DT, William & Mary". BigCatCountry.com. http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2010/3/20/1383013/2010-scouting-report-sean. Retrieved February 11, 2011.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Moore, David. "Cowboys take DT Sean Lissemore in seventh round". DallasNews.com. http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2010/04/cowboys-take-dt-sean-lissemore.html. Retrieved February 11, 2011.
- ↑ Blake, Anthony. "Under the Radar: Sean Lissemore". BlitzNation.com. http://blog.blitznation.com/2010/03/31/under-the-radar-sean-lissemore/. Retrieved February 11, 2011.
- ↑ Valentine, Ed. "Daily NFL Draft Prospect Profile: Sean Lissemore, DT, William & Mary". BigBlueView.com. http://www.bigblueview.com/2010/4/4/1392683/daily-nfl-draft-prospect-profile. Retrieved February 11, 2011.