|No. 69 Cleveland Browns|
|Date of birth:February 3, 1983|
|Place of birth: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania|
|Height: 6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)||Weight: 292 lb (132 kg)|
|College: Penn State|
|Undrafted in 2006|
|Debuted in 2008 for the Pittsburgh Steelers|
|Roster status: Active|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 16, 2011|
|Stats at NFL.com|
Scott M. Paxson (born February 3, 1983 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania) is an American football defensive tackle of the National Football League who is currently a member of the Cleveland Browns. He was signed by the Steelers as an undrafted free agent in 2006. He played college football at Penn State.
Paxson has also been a member of the Green Bay Packers.
First stint with Steelers
Green Bay Packers
Paxson spent several weeks with the Green Bay Packers during the 2006 regular season.
Second stint with Steelers
On October 4, 2008, Paxson was promoted to the Steelers' active roster and made his first regular season NFL appearance that week versus Jacksonville. He was waived on October 18 when the team promoted offensive tackle Jeremy Parquet to the active roster. He was re-signed to the practice squad on October 21, and promoted to the active roster again on December 1.
He was waived on September 4, 2009.
Paxson was re-signed to a future contract on January 7, 2010.
Paxson was again released on September 3, 2010 to make room for the mandatory 53 man roster.
On January 8, 2011, it was announced that Paxson had signed with the Cleveland Browns on a future/reserve contract.
Paxson was charged with assault following a December 2004 incident in which he was accused of forcing himself on a female student. A more serious charge of sexual assault was thrown out by Centre County, Pennsylvania Judge Bradley P. Lunsford in April 2006. District Attorney Ray Gricar chose not to charge Scott Paxson. Paxson has declared his intention to sue the Centre County District Attorney's Office following the outcome of the case, citing the hundreds of thousands of dollars he lost when his stock as a prospect in the 2006 NFL Draft plummeted.
- "Steelers Sign Two Players to Reserve/Future Roster". steelers.com. http://news.steelers.com/article/73459. Retrieved 2008-10-08.
- "Steelers Sign Defensive Tackle Scott Paxson To Reserve/Future List". steelers.com. http://news.steelers.com/article/86922. Retrieved 2008-10-08.
- "Steelers promote DL Paxson from practice squad". Yahoo! Sports. 2008-10-04. http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=txsteelerspaxson&prov=st&type=lgns. Retrieved 2008-10-08.
- Brown, Scott (2008-10-04). "Steelers sign Paxson, release Bailey". Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. http://pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_591735.html. Retrieved 2008-10-08.
- "Steelers release 10 players to make room for 53 man roster". Pittsburgh Steelers. 2010-09-04. http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Steelers-Release-10-Players/441e6a8d-1e4d-4480-bca0-31bb2c2bd06d. Retrieved 2010-09-04.
- Levarse, Derek (2004-11-11). "Diabetes to motivate Penn State lineman". The Daily Collegian. http://www.collegian.psu.edu/archive/2004/11/11-11-04tdc/11-11-04dsports-06.asp. Retrieved 2008-10-08.