|No. 59 Free Agent|
|Date of birth:March 4, 1986|
|Place of birth: Monroeville, Pennsylvania|
|Height: 6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)||Weight: 244 lb (111 kg)|
|NFL Draft: 2009 / Round: 5 / Pick: 146|
|Debuted in 2009 for the San Francisco 49ers|
|* San Francisco 49ers ( 2009– 2010)|
|Roster status: Active|
|Career highlights and awards|
|* 2008 All-American (FWAA, CBS Sports)|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 17, 2010|
|Stats at NFL.com|
Scott Kenneth McKillop (born March 4, 1986) is an American football linebacker for the Buffalo Bills of the National Football League. Coming out of the University of Pittsburgh, he was considered one of the top prospects at his position in the 2009 NFL Draft and went in the fifth round.
McKillop attended Kiski Area High School in Allegheny Township, Pennsylvania, where he was a starter for 2½ seasons on both sides of the ball (linebacker and fullback). He totaled 132 tackles his senior season. At fullback McKillop rushed for 1,121 yards and 14 touchdowns over his final two seasons and helped Kiski Area to three consecutive WPIAL Class AAAA playoff berths.
After redshirting his initial year at Pittsburgh, McKillop served as the primary backup at middle linebacker behind All-America H. B. Blades, before seizing the starting role in 2007. Still a relatively unknown player as of the beginning of his junior season, McKillop enjoyed one of the most productive seasons ever by a Pitt defender, finishing with 151 total tackles, the third highest single-season total in Pitt history. The centerpiece of a unit that is seventh nationally in total defense, yielding just 297.67 yards per game, McKillop also compiled 9.0 tackles for loss, three sacks, two fumble recoveries, an interception and seven pass breakups.
McKillop built a national reputation in 2008 and was a leading candidate for the country's top defensive awards. He recorded 126 tackles, 16.5 TFLs, four sacks and one interception, and earned 2008 All-American honors by the Football Writers Association of America and CBS Sports.
2009 NFL DraftEdit
|Ht||Wt||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP||Wonderlic|
|6 ft 0⅝ in||244 lb||4.70 s||1.56 s||2.75 s||4.39 s||7.00 s||35½ in||9 ft 11 in||27 rep|
San Francisco 49ersEdit
An inside linebacker in San Francisco's 3-4 defense, McKillop competed with former veteran player Jeff Ulbrich to serve as backup to Patrick Willis and Takeo Spikes. Scott McKillop recorded his first interception in a preseason game against the Oakland Raiders. Scott scored his first NFL touchdown on October 4, 2009 against the St. Louis Rams after recovering a botched punt return in the endzone.
McKillop tore his left ACL and patellar tendon during the 2010 training camp. He was waived by the 49ers on August 30, 2011.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Pompei, Dan (April 21, 2009), "2009 NFL Draft: Dan Pompei's top inside linebackers", Chicago Tribune, http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/chi-090419-pompei-inside-linebackers,0,286564.story
- ↑ "Outside linebackers 2004", Rivals.com, January 25, 2004, http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewrank.asp?ra_key=535
- ↑ Gosselin, Rick (April 20, 2009), "NFL draft preview: Linebackers", Dallas Morning News, http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/football/nfl/draft/stories/041709dnspodraftserieslb.408e0de.html
- ↑ Maiocco, Matt (April 26, 2009), "49ers give offense a lot of attention", The Press Democrat, http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20090426/SPORTS/904269915/-1/SPORTS0901?Title=49ers-give-offense-a-lot-of-attention
- ↑ The Associated Press (October 5, 2009), "NFL today, Week 4", The Associated Press, http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hJ9C-Ml2Txk73BILe5DyNI69v-JQD9B4N28G0
- ↑ 49ers Trim Roster to 80