|No. 78, 90, 70|
|Date of birth:May 27, 1956|
|Place of birth: Winter Park, Florida|
|High School: Winter Park High School|
|Height: 6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)||Weight: 246 lb (112 kg)|
|College: University of Florida|
|NFL Draft: 1978 / Round: 2 / Pick: 38|
|Debuted in 1978 for the Buffalo Bills|
|Last played in 1985 for the Orlando Renegades|
|* Buffalo Bills ( 1978– 1980)|
|Career highlights and awards|
|* First-team All-SEC (1977)|
|Stats at NFL.com|
|Stats at pro-football-reference.com|
|Stats at DatabaseFootball.com|
Scott Rawls Hutchinson (born May 27, 1956) is a former American college and professional football player who was a defensive end in the National Football League (NFL) for five seasons during the 1970s and 1980s. Hutchinson played college football for the University of Florida, and thereafter, he played professionally for the Buffalo Bills and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers of the NFL.
Early years Edit
College career Edit
Hutchinson received an athletic scholarship to attend the University of Florida in Gainesville, Florida, where he was a defensive lineman for coach Doug Dickey's Florida Gators football team from 1974 to 1977. As a senior team captain in 1977, he was a first-team All-Southeastern Conference (SEC) selection, an Associated Press honorable mention All-American.
Professional career Edit
The Buffalo Bills selected Hutchinson in the second round (thirty-eighth pick overall) of the 1978 NFL Draft, and he played for the Bills from 1978 to 1980. Hutchinson played for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers for one season in 1981, after being waived by the Bills in the preseason, and part of the 1983 season for the Buffalo Bills again. He finished his professional career with the Orlando Renegades of the United States Football League (USFL) during the league's final spring season in 1985.
In his five-season NFL career, Hutchinson appeared in sixty-nine games, started eight of them, and recovered three fumbles.
See also Edit
- Florida Gators
- Florida Gators football, 1970–79
- List of Buffalo Bills players
- List of Florida Gators football players
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Pro-Football-Reference.com, Players, Scott Hutchinson. Retrieved July 16, 2010.
- ↑ databaseFootball.com, Players, Scott Hutchinson. Retrieved July 16, 2010.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 2011 Florida Gators Football Media Guide, University Athletic Association, Gainesville, Florida, pp. 87, 96, 124, 182 (2011). Retrieved August 29, 2011.
- ↑ Pro Football Hall of Fame, Draft History, 1978 National Football League Draft. Retrieved July 16, 2010.
- ↑ National Football League, Historical Players, Scott Hutchinson. Retrieved July 16, 2010.
- Carlson, Norm, University of Florida Football Vault: The History of the Florida Gators, Whitman Publishing, LLC, Atlanta, Georgia (2007). ISBN 0-7948-2298-3.
- Golenbock, Peter, Go Gators! An Oral History of Florida's Pursuit of Gridiron Glory, Legends Publishing, LLC, St. Petersburg, Florida (2002). ISBN 0-9650782-1-3.
- Hairston, Jack, Tales from the Gator Swamp: A Collection of the Greatest Gator Stories Ever Told, Sports Publishing, LLC, Champaign, Illinois (2002). ISBN 1-58261-514-4.
- McCarthy, Kevin M., Fightin' Gators: A History of University of Florida Football, Arcadia Publishing, Mount Pleasant, South Carolina (2000). ISBN 978-0-7385-0559-6.
- Nash, Noel, ed., The Gainesville Sun Presents The Greatest Moments in Florida Gators Football, Sports Publishing, Inc., Champaign, Illinois (1998). ISBN 1-57167-196-X.