|San Antonio Force|
The San Antonio Force was an Arena Football League team that competed in the 1992 season only. They played their home games at HemisFair Arena, then the home of the San Antonio Spurs. They set two records for futility, becoming the first arena football team ever to be shut out in a game, losing to the Orlando Predators 50-0 on June 13, 1992, and the all-time lowest record for field goal percentage in a season, 11.8% (4-34), among three different kickers. The team ceased operations upon the completion of the season. The teams colors were black, red and silver.
Season-by-season[edit | edit source]
Note: W = Wins, L = Losses, T = Ties
Notable players[edit | edit source]
- Matt Frantz, Kicker
- James Harvey, Quarterback
- Victor Scott, Wide Receiver/Linebacker
- Warren Stewart, Wide Receiver/Defensive Back
Media[edit | edit source]
- The team appeared on the game EA Sports Arena Football as a hidden bonus team.
- The first player drafted in 1992 by the Force was OL/DL David A. Caldwell, who led the team with 5.0 sacks. Caldwell is a San Antonio resident and currently coaching football in San Antonio ISD.