|No. 20, 42|
|Date of birth:July 12, 1974|
|Place of birth: Bronx, New York|
|NFL Draft: 1997 / Round: 5 / Pick: 136|
|No regular season or postseason appearances|
| As player:|
* New York Giants ( 1997– 2001)
| As coach:|
* Emerson High School (2005)
|Career highlights and awards|
|Stats at NFL.com|
He was selected by the New York Giants in the 5th round of the 1997 NFL Draft. A native of the Bronx, Garnes is an alumnus of John Philip Sousa Junior High School located in the Edenwald section of that borough. Garnes currently resides in Fort Lee, New Jersey.
In 2011, Garnes became an assistant secondary coach for the Denver Broncos.
The Broncos’ secondary in 2013 overcame numerous injuries to its personnel, including extended periods without 12-time Pro Bowl cornerback Champ Bailey and starting safety Rahim Moore. In their absence, cornerback Chris Harris Jr. became a steadying force on the outside and second-year safety Duke Ihenacho emerged as solid contributor in the defensive backfield.
- John Philip Sousa MS 142: Notable Alumni Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Webarchive/data' not found., www.bronxsousa.com
- Wright, Michael C. (January 20, 2015). "Bears announce more coaching hires". ESPN. http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bears/post/_/id/4697039/bears-announce-more-coaching-hires. Retrieved January 20, 2015.
- Biggs, Brad (January 4, 2017). "Bears fire two longtime John Fox assistants: Dave Magazu and Sam Garnes". Chicago Tribune. http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/ct-bears-fire-john-fox-assistants-20170104-story.html. Retrieved January 4, 2017.
- Interview with Sam Garnes, 12 May 2007
- Carolina Panthers cornerback Munnerlyn takes advantage of a larger role, 1 May 2010[dead link]
|This biographical article relating to an American football defensive back born in the 1970s is a stub. You can help The American Football Database by expanding it.|