|Born:||November 17, 1913|
|Died:||February 1, 1991 (aged 77)|
|Height:||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|Weight:||189 lb (86 kg)|
|High school:||Lorain (Lorain, Ohio)|
|Career NFL statistics|
Samuel Busich (November 17, 1913 – February 1, 1991) was an American football end in the National Football League for the Boston Redskins, Cleveland Rams, and the Detroit Lions. He also played professional basketball for the Columbus Athletic Supply in the National Basketball League for one game in 1937–38. Busich played both sports collegiately at Ohio State University.
Some sources say this athlete's name was Peter Paul Basich, though no newspaper or third party historical records have yet been found to verify that. Most sources point to his name being Samuel Busich.
References[edit | edit source]
- "Pete Basich NBL stats". basketball-reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. https://www.basketball-reference.com/nbl/players/b/basicpe01n.html. Retrieved July 28, 2019.
- "Pete Basich Statistics". Just Sports Stats. https://www.justsportsstats.com/basketballstatsindex.php?player_id=basicpe01. Retrieved July 28, 2019.
- "Sam Busich". Peach Basket Society. August 13, 2015. https://peachbasketsociety.blogspot.com/2015/08/pete-basich.html. Retrieved July 28, 2019.
- "Sam Busich vs. Pete Basich". Peach Basket Society. June 11, 2018. https://peachbasketsociety.blogspot.com/2018/06/sam-busich-vs-pete-basich.html. Retrieved July 28, 2019.
- "Sam Busich". Pro Basketball Encyclopedia. https://probasketballencyclopedia.com/player/sam-busich/. Retrieved July 28, 2019.
- "1972 Inductee: Sam Busich". Lorain Sports Hall of Fame. http://lorainsportshalloffame.com/busich-sam/. Retrieved July 28, 2019.
|This biographical article relating to an American football wide receiver born in the 1910s is a stub. You can help The American Football Database by expanding it.|
|35px||This biographical article relating to a United States basketball player, coach, or other figure born in the 1910s is a stub. You can help The American Football Database by expanding it.|