|South Carolina Gamecocks — No. N/A|
|Date of birth:|
|High school: Troy (OH)|
|Outback Bowl (2001)|
|Career highlights and awards|
Ryan Brewer is a former college football player.
High school careerEdit
Brewer played for the University of South Carolina, his only major football scholarship offer. One of his most notable games was the 2001 Outback Bowl where he was named game Most Outstanding Player and tied a game record with three touchdowns. In that game, he also had over 100 yards rushing and 200 all-purpose yards. The game was also significant in that it was the last game for Ohio State coach John Cooper as he was fired by Ohio State the next day. Part of the reason for his firing was that his team was defeated by an opponent with a home state star player that he did not recruit. During the next season, his senior season, he was injured.
- ↑ Troy Daily News (2013-01-31). "The Fault in Our Stars - Troy Daily News". tdn-net.com. http://tdn-net.com/sports/local-sports/7263/the-fault-in-our-stars. Retrieved 2016-02-05.
- ↑ Person, Joseph (2008-12-24). "Fans delight in stories of USC's Brewer's big game against Ohio State | The Herald". Heraldonline.com. http://www.heraldonline.com/sports/college/article12245690.html. Retrieved 2016-02-05.
- ↑ Ken Gordon (2011-01-30). "Ohio Mr. Football: OSU often passes on award winner | The Columbus Dispatch". Dispatch.com. http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/sports/2011/01/30/osu-often-passes-on-award-winner.html. Retrieved 2016-02-05.
- ↑ Woolfordblade, Dave (2001-01-02). "Brewer still Mr. Football". Toledo Blade. http://www.toledoblade.com/College/2001/01/02/Brewer-still-Mr-Football.html. Retrieved 2016-02-05.
- ↑ Robbins, Josh (January 2, 2001). "Spurned Buckeye Gets Even - tribunedigital-chicagotribune". http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2001-01-02/sports/0101020271_1_ryan-brewer-buckeyes-phil-petty. Retrieved 2016-02-05.
- ↑ "Troy football coach resigns after 28th season". www.daytondailynews.com. 2011-11-15. http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/sports/high-school/troy-football-coach-resigns-after-28th-season/nMxFX/. Retrieved 2016-02-05.
- ↑ Press, Associated (2002-10-29). "Holtz: No difference in Vols, different Gamecocks without Brewer". chronicle.augusta.com. http://chronicle.augusta.com/stories/2002/10/29/usc_361262.shtml#.VrUj__krKUk. Retrieved 2016-02-05.