|Date of birth:May 5, 1986|
|Place of birth: Upland, California|
|College: San Diego State|
|Undrafted in 2009|
|No regular season or postseason appearances|
|* Jacksonville Jaguars ( 2009– 2013)|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Stats at NFL.com|
Russell Allen (born May 5, 1986) is a former American football player. He was born in Oceanside, California. He played linebacker for San Diego State University. He was signed as an undrafted free agent by the Jacksonville Jaguars on April 26, 2009. On September 5, 2009, he became one of two undrafted rookies, the other being Julius Williams, to make the Jaguars opening day roster. Allen suffered a stroke on December 15, 2013 during a game against the Buffalo Bills. Doctors subsequently advised him to avoid playing again.
Allen was placed on injured reserve on December 19, 2013, ending his season.
On April 22, 2014, he announced his retirement from the National Football League at the age of 27.
- ↑ http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10821995/russell-allen-former-member-jacksonville-jaguars-suffered-stroke
- ↑ "Russell Allen Player Bio". Jacksonville Jaguars. http://mediaguide.jaguars.com/downloads/player_bios/Allen_Russell_50.pdf. Retrieved 28 September 2011.
- ↑ Hanzus, Dan (April 17, 2014). "Russell Allen released by Jacksonville Jaguars". NFL.com. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000342070/article/russell-allen-released-by-jacksonville-jaguars. Retrieved 2014-04-17.
- ↑ Klemko, Robert (April 22, 2014). "Russell Allen suffered on-field stroke playing linebacker for Jaguars". The MMQB. http://mmqb.si.com/2014/04/22/russell-allen-jacksonville-jaguars-stroke/. Retrieved 2014-04-22.
- ↑ "Jaguars linebacker Russell Allen said he is retiring after suffering on-field stroke". sports.yahoo.com. https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/jaguars-linebacker-russell-allen-said-he-is-retiring-after-suffering-on-field-stroke-172422209.html. Retrieved April 22, 2014.