|No. 93 Philadelphia Eagles|
|Date of birth:August 15, 1989|
|Place of birth: Westbury, New York|
|High School: Holy Trinity Diocesan High School|
|Height: 6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)||Weight: 295 lb (134 kg)|
|College: Old Dominion University|
|Undrafted in 2012|
|No regular season or postseason appearances|
|Roster status: Practice squad|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2012|
Ronnie Cameron (born August 15, 1989) is an American football defensive end for the Philadelphia Eagles of the National Football League. He was initially signed by the Chicago Bears as an undrafted free agent in 2012. He played college football for Hofstra University and Old Dominion University.
Cameron played college football at Hosftra until they dropped football following the 2009 season. Ronnie then transferred to Old Dominion for his junior and senior seasons. After his senior season, he was named The Roanoke Times Defensive Player of the Year, won the College Football Performance Awards's Elite Defensive Tackle Award and selected as a 1st team FCS All-American by The Sports Network and the American Football Coaches Association.
On August 13, 2012, Cameron was claimed by the Cleveland Browns off waivers. On August 31, he was released from the Browns, only to be signed to their practice squad the next day. On November 2nd, Ronnie was promoted to the active roster, but was later waived on December 10th.
- ↑ "Ronnie Cameron Named The Roanoke Times Defensive Player of the Year". odusports.com. http://www.odusports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/122811aac.html. Retrieved December 29, 2011.
- ↑ "Ronnie Cameron Honored With Elite Defensive Tackle Award". odusports.com. http://www.odusports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/122111aab.html. Retrieved December 21, 2011.
- ↑ "FOOTBALL MONARCH ALL-AMERICANS". odusports.com. http://www.odusports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/all-americans.html. Retrieved February 28, 2013.
- ↑ "Bears Sign 11 Undrafted Free Agents". chicago.cbslocal.com. http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/04/29/bears-sign-11-undrafted-free-agents/. Retrieved April 29, 2012.
- ↑ "Bears waived two players". kffl.com. http://www.kffl.com/gnews.php?id=803341-bears---two-players-waived. Retrieved August 11, 2012.
- ↑ "Ronnie Cameron claimed by Cleveland Browns from Bears". nfl.com. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000050010/article/ronnie-cameron-claimed-by-cleveland-browns-from-bears. Retrieved August 13, 2012.
- ↑ "Browns Make Roster Moves, Add Practice Squad Members". CBS Cleveland. http://cleveland.cbslocal.com/2012/09/01/browns-make-roster-moves-add-practice-squad-members/. Retrieved February 28, 2013.
- ↑ "Browns promoted Ronnie Cameron". kffl.com. http://www.kffl.com/gnews.php?id=820655-browns---ronnie-cameron-promoted. Retrieved November 2, 2012.
- ↑ "Browns roster moves: Brad Smelley signed off practice squad, Ronnie Cameron waived". SB Nation. http://cleveland.sbnation.com/cleveland-browns/2012/12/10/3752966/brad-smelley-browns-roster-transactions-2012-ronnie-cameron. Retrieved November 2, 2012.
- ↑ "Eagles sign Ronnie Cameron". kffl.com. http://www.kffl.com/gnews.php?id=828992-eagles---ronnie-cameron-signs. Retrieved February 28, 2013.