|New York Jets|
|Assistant offensive line coach|
|Date of birth:August 25, 1962|
|Place of birth: East Meadow, New York|
|High School: Farmingdale (NY)|
|College: Penn State|
|NFL Draft: 1984 / Round: 4 / Pick: 112|
|Debuted in 1984 for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers|
|Last played in 1995 for the Miami Dolphins|
| As player:|
* Tampa Bay Buccaneers ( 1984– 1987)
| As coach:|
* Amsterdam Admirals ( 2004)
(Assistant Offensive Line/Tight Ends Coach)
|Career highlights and awards|
Ronald Ramon Heller (born August 25, 1962) is an American football coach and former offensive tackle, who played twelve seasons in the National Football League for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Philadelphia Eagles and Miami Dolphins. Heller is currently the assistant offensive line coach for the New York Jets of the National Football League (NFL), a position he assumed in February 2013.
As a football player, Heller, a graduate of Penn State was chosen by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in the fourth round of the 1984 NFL Draft, where he played offensive tackle. He was traded to the Seattle Seahawks who in turn traded him to the Philadelphia Eagles for a fourth round draft pick.
The 6-foot-6, 290-pound Heller started all but one game for the Eagles at right tackle in 1988. Overall, he played in 75 regular season contests for Philadelphia, at both right and left tackle. After missing one game in his first season with the team, he didn't miss another until he was sidelined for four games in 1992 due to a foot injury. Following the 1992 season, Heller signed with the Miami Dolphins and played three seasons with them before a knee injury forced him to retire.
Heller gained his first NFL coaching experience in 2004 as a season-long intern coach with the Amsterdam Admirals in NFL Europe. He became the Admirals' offensive line coach in 2006 under head coach Bart Andrus, and was promoted to offensive coordinator in 2007.
- ↑ Girard, Daniel (2009-01-24). "Heller foresees "lot of work ahead" with Boatmen". "Toronto Star. http://www.thestar.com/Sports/article/576635. Retrieved 2009-01-27.
- ↑ "Toronto Argos name Ron Heller as their new offensive line coach". The Canadian Press. 2009-01-24. http://www.google.com/hostednews/canadianpress/article/ALeqM5gAvhMR13k-FIqwp_E8UtYZhEJGmQ. Retrieved 2009-01-27.
- ↑ http://www.jaguars.com/news/article.aspx?id=8715