|Tennessee Volunteers — No. 12|
|Date of birth:January 4, 1900|
|Place of birth: Washington County, Tennessee|
Tusculum (c. 1919)
|Career highlights and awards|
| *All-Southern (1922)
Campbell was born on January 4, 1900 to Jefferson Davis Campbell and Louise Truin in a rural part of Washington County, Tennessee. His mother was the daughter of Swiss immigrants and an avid painter.
University of TennesseeEdit
- Mike Siroky (1982). Orange Lightning: Inside University of Tennessee Football. Leisure Press. pp. 7–17.
- ↑ Robert L. Wilson. "Blount County Campbells produce generations of visual artists". http://www.knoxnews.com/knoxville/life/art-in-the-family.
- ↑ Volunteer Yearbook, 1921, p. 140
- ↑ "Tusculum College Sports Hall of Fame". Archived from the original on October 8, 2014. https://web.archive.org/web/20141008203624/http://www.tusculumpioneers.com/page.asp?articleID=1574.
- ↑ "Announcement of Honors and Scholarships". The University of Tennessee Record 25 (3): 27. https://books.google.com/books?id=oF3OAAAAMAAJ&pg=PA27&lpg=PA27&dq=&source=bl&ots=IPPKYYtqoe&sig=8xPLtV--A31TApGA1L9oDa2xxrg&hl=en&sa=X&ei=gy4-VK35CcTKggTD7IHgCA&ved=0CE4Q6AEwCA#v=onepage&q&f=false.
- ↑ "Georgia Tech Has Four on All-Southern Team". Richmond Times Dispatch. December 10, 1922. http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lccn/sn83045389/1922-12-10/ed-1/seq-61/#date1=1836&index=12&rows=20&words=All+All-Southern+football+Southern&searchType=basic&sequence=0&state=&date2=1922&proxtext=%22all+southern%22+football&y=0&x=0&dateFilterType=yearRange&page=1.
- ↑ Bill Traughber (February 11, 2009). "VU/UT first met in 1922". http://www.vucommodores.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/021109aac.html.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.