Coach Bump Elliott and Rosema (No. 83) from 1968 Michiganensian
|Date of birth:||February 5, 1946|
|Place of birth:||Grand Rapids, Michigan|
|College:||University of Michigan|
|1968-1971||St. Louis Cardinals|
Roger William "Rocky" Rosema (born February 5, 1946) is a former American football player. A native of Grand Rapids, Michigan, he played high school football at Grand Rapids Central High School. He next played college football for the University of Michigan, principally as a defensive end and linebacker, from 1965 to 1967. He also played professional football as a linebacker for the St. Louis Cardinals from 1968 to 1971. In 2003, he was inducted into the Grand Rapids Sports Hall of Fame. In 2011, Rosema lost a lawsuit against the NFL Players Association alleging that he was owed pension benefits.
- ↑ "Rocky Rosema". pro-football-reference.com. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/R/RoseRo20.htm.
- ↑ Josh Slagter (August 26, 2009). "Looking back at the glory days of Central football". The Grand Rapids Press. http://www.mlive.com/sports/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2009/08/looking_back_at_the_glory_days.html.
- ↑ "Inductees". Grand Rapids Sports Hall of Fame. http://www.grshof.com/inductees.htm.
- ↑ John Agar (September 8, 2011). "Former Grand Rapids Central star Roger 'Rocky' Rosema's request for NFL pension denied". The Grand Rapids Press. http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2011/09/former_grand_rapids_central_st.html.
- ↑ Brian VanOchten (July 6, 2010). "Ex-Grand Rapids Central and Michigan star Roger 'Rocky' Rosema suing NFL Players Association". The Grand Rapids Press. http://www.mlive.com/sports/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2010/07/ex-grand_rapids_central_and_mi.html.
|This biographical article relating to an American football linebacker born in the 1940s is a stub. You can help The American Football Database by expanding it.|