Robert Turbin blocking in front of Russell Wilson on August 30, 2012.
|No. 22 Seattle Seahawks|
|Date of birth:December 2, 1989|
|Place of birth: Oakland, California|
|High School: Fremont (CA) Irvington|
|Height: 5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)||Weight: 222 lb (101 kg)|
|College: Utah State|
|NFL Draft: 2012 / Round: 4 / Pick: 106|
|Debuted in 2012 for the Seattle Seahawks|
|* Seattle Seahawks ( 2012–present)|
|Roster status: Active|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Stats at NFL.com|
Robert Turbin (born December 2, 1989) is an American football tailback for the Seattle Seahawks of the National Football League. Turbin played high school football at Irvington High School in Fremont, California, US.
Robert enrolled at Utah State University and has played for the Aggies football team since 2007. As a redshirt sophomore in 2009, he gained 1,296 rushing yards and 418 receiving yards and scored 18 touchdowns. In the annual rivalry game against the Utah Utes, Turbin set a school record with a 96-yard touchdown run. He missed the 2010 season due to a knee injury, but he returned in 2011 as the Aggies' lead running back. In the first half of the 2011 season, Turbin ran for at least 100 yards in five of six games. Turbin's 1,517 rushing yards during the 2011 season ranked 10th among NCAA Division I FBS players. His average of 6.1 yards per carry tied him with Dominique Sherrer and Ed Wesley for 25th for the season.
On April 28, 2012 he was drafted by the Seattle Seahawks with the eleventh pick of the fourth round (106 overall).
- "Utah State football: Aggie on the rise – Robert Turbin". Deseret News. August 30, 2009. http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705326718/Utah-State-football-Aggie-on-the-rise---Robert-Turbin.html.
- Tony Jones (Augsut 17, 2011). "USU Football: You will never guess who Robert Turbin's childhood hero is". The Salt Lake Tribune. http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/blogsususports/52365156-55/turbin-hero-childhood-hands.html.csp.
- Kraig Williams (August 27, 2011). "Five questions with Utah State running back Robert Turbin". Deseret News. http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700174243/Five-questions-with-Utah-State-running-back-Robert-Turbin.html.
- Gordon Monson (September 27, 2011). "Utah State’s Robert Turbin overcomes turmoil to succeed". The Salt Lake Tribune. http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/sports/52646714-77/turbin-says-monson-state.html.csp.
- Dana Greene (August 10, 2011). "Robert Turbin ready to power Aggies". abc4.com. http://www.abc4.com/sports/story/Robert-Turbin-ready-to-power-Aggies/E2udz4TJtUOMtG1x9UnuKA.cspx.
- "Robert Turbin statistics". ESPN.com. http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/238371/robert-turbin. Retrieved October 20, 2011.
- "Utah-Utah State Recap". CNN. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/ncaa/scoreboards/2009/09/03/39989_viewcast_recap.html?eref=sircrc. Retrieved 2009-09-04.
- "Robert Turbin Bio". Utah State University. http://www.utahstateaggies.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/turbin_robert00.html. Retrieved October 20, 2011.
- Doug Hoffman (August 31, 2011). "Utah State football: Robert Turbin marking off calendar, counting down days to return". Deseret News. http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705390086/Utah-State-football-Robert-Turbin-marking-off-calendar-counting-down-days-to-return.html.
- "Rushing Yards Leaders – All Players". ESPN.com. http://espn.go.com/college-football/statistics/player/_/stat/rushing. Retrieved October 20, 2011.
- "Yards Per Rush Attempt Leaders – Qualified". ESPN.com. http://espn.go.com/college-football/statistics/player/_/stat/rushing/sort/yardsPerRushAttempt. Retrieved April 28, 2012.
- O'Neil, Danny (April 28, 2012). "Seahawks, 4th round: RB Robert Turbin, Utah State". The Seattle Times. http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/seahawksblog/2018093536_seahawksdraftrbrobertturbin.html.