|No. -- Free Agent|
|Date of birth:January 27, 1986|
|Place of birth: Longview, Texas|
|Height: 6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)||Weight: 242 lb (110 kg)|
|College: Texas Christian|
|NFL Draft: 2009 / Round: 6 / Pick: 186|
|Debuted in 2009 for the Washington Redskins|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 17, 2009|
|Stats at NFL.com|
Robert Henson (born January 27, 1986) is an American football linebacker who is currently a free agent. He played college football at Texas Christian University and was drafted in the sixth round (186th overall) of the 2009 NFL Draft by the Washington Redskins.
Henson began his college career at Texas Christian University as a redshirt freshman in 2005, when he started two games and played in all twelve as a redshirt freshman for the MWC Champion Horned Frogs. In his freshman, sophomore and junior seasons, Henson was at least third on the team in tackles, was named Honorable Mention All-MWC, and the Frogs won their bowl game. In his senior year, he was named 1st Team All-MWC  and recorded 73 tackles, one sack and two interceptions.
On September 21, following an "unsightly" 9-7 home victory, Henson posted some disparaging remarks via his Twitter account about fans who had booed and jeered their performance. After much criticism from the media and fans, Henson apologized and has since deactivated his account. He was placed on injured reserve on September 4, 2010.
On August 5, 2011, he waived by the Redskins.
In the summer of 2008, prior to his senior season at TCU, Henson was wed to Sarah Jakes, the daughter of the influential pastor T. D. Jakes.
- ↑ "Frogs Place 18 On All-MWC Football Team". Dec 3, 2008. http://gofrogs.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/120308aab.html. Retrieved 22 September 2009.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 "Redskins Sign Henson, Mitchell to Rookie Deals". June 12, 2009. http://www.redskins.com/gen/articles/Redskins_Sign_Henson_to_Rookie_Deal_41072.jsp. Retrieved 22 September 2009.
- ↑ Steinberg, Dan (22 September 2009). "A Redskin Feels the Heat From a Tweet". The Washington Post. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/09/21/AR2009092103414.html. Retrieved 23 September 2009.
- ↑ "Henson takes down Twitter account". 22 September 2009. http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4495020. Retrieved 23 September 2009.
- ↑ Redskins' Roster at 53 after Parker, 20 others released, Redskins.com, http://www.redskins.com/gen/articles/Redskins_Roster_Cuts_150869.jsp