|Date of birth:||c. 1945 (age 75–76)|
|College:||University of Wyoming|
|NFL Draft:||1967 / Round: 6 / Pick: 155|
|Drafted by:||Oakland Raiders|
Rick Egloff (born c. 1945) was a football player in the Canadian Football League.
A graduate of Mullen High School in Denver, Colorado, Egloff played college football at the University of Wyoming in Laramie, where he starred as a quarterback from 1964 to 1966. In his senior season in 1966, he led the Cowboys to a conference title and a 28–20 victory over Florida State in the Sun Bowl; he ran and passed for a touchdown that game, and Wyoming finished with a 10–1 record.
In the 1967 NFL/AFL Draft, Egloff was selected by the Oakland Raiders of the American Football League in the sixth round (155th overall), then traded to the Denver Broncos in April 1968, but did not play with either team. In 1968, he played four games with the Montreal Alouettes of the Canadian Football League.
He now resides in the foothills of Colorado where he runs an Italian restaurant.
- Moss, Irv (2010-11-16). "Reviving the glory of Regis Jesuit-Mullen rivalry". The Denver Post. http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_16623471.
- "Kiick Leads Wyoming To 28-20 Sun Bowl Triumph". St. Joseph News-Press. 1966-12-25. https://news.google.com/newspapers?id=6_lTAAAAIBAJ&sjid=CDkNAAAAIBAJ&pg=2794%2C6329675.
- "Cowboys ride herd over Seminoles". Eugene Register-Guard. Associated Press ((Oregon)): p. 1B. December 25, 1966. https://news.google.com/newspapers?id=WfFVAAAAIBAJ&sjid=_eADAAAAIBAJ&pg=2687%2C5864773.
- "Wyoming forgets TV to win, 28-20". Milwaukee Sentinel. Associated Press: p. 8, part 2. December 25, 1966. https://news.google.com/newspapers?id=uAAqAAAAIBAJ&sjid=BREEAAAAIBAJ&pg=6994%2C6481630.
- "Wyoming wins Duel in Sun". Milwaukee Journal. wire services: p. 2, sports. December 25, 1966. https://news.google.com/newspapers?id=5A8kAAAAIBAJ&sjid=4ScEAAAAIBAJ&pg=7123%2C1478176.
- "Broncos Acquire Rick Egloff from Oakland". Daytona Beach Morning Journal. 1968-04-25. https://news.google.com/newspapers?id=0WweAAAAIBAJ&sjid=kMkEAAAAIBAJ&pg=2645%2C5048264.
- Blackman, Ted (1968-08-30). "Injuries hit Larks but subs on hand". Montreal Gazette. https://news.google.com/newspapers?id=2YY1AAAAIBAJ&sjid=1Z8FAAAAIBAJ&pg=954%2C5980334.
- Brobst, Deb Hurley (2010-11-09). "Tuscany Tavern celebrating 10 years in Evergreen". Canyon Courier. http://www.canyoncourier.com/content/tuscany-tavern-celebrating-10-years-evergreen. "“I love the restaurant business,” said Tuscany Tavern owner Rick Egloff."
|This biographical article relating to Canadian football is a stub. You can help The American Football Database by expanding it.|