Marshall in the 2013 NFL season.
|No. 31, 22|
|Date of birth:December 12, 1984|
|Place of birth: Los Angeles, California|
|College: Fresno State|
|NFL Draft: 2006 / Round: 2 / Pick: 58|
|No regular season or postseason appearances|
|* Carolina Panthers ( 2006− 2010)|
|Career highlights and awards|
| * First-team All-WAC (2005)
Richard Thomas Marshall (born December 12, 1984) is a former American football cornerback. He was released on October 27, 2014. He was drafted by the Carolina Panthers in the second round (58th overall) of the 2006 NFL Draft. He played college football at Fresno State.
During his rookie season, Marshall played in portions of all 16 games. Marshall spent the first part of his career in the nickelback role, playing behind Chris Gamble and Ken Lucas. After the 2008 playoff season, Ken Lucas was released from the team, thus promoting Richard Marshall to the starting lineup.
The NFL Network voted a play by Marshall as the "Number 1 play of the 2008 preseason". The play involved Marshall intercepting a fake field goal flick from the holder to the kicker and running it back for a touchdown.
Marshall signed a three-year contract worth 16 million dollars as an unrestricted free agent with the Miami Dolphins on March 14, 2012. In 2012, it was reported that Marshall was out with a back injury. On August 20, 2013, he was released by the Dolphins.
San Diego ChargersEdit
|Year||Team||Games||Combined Tackles||Total Tackles||Assisted Tackles||Sacks||Forced Fumbles||Fumble Recoveries||Fumble Yards||Interceptions||Interception Yards||Average Interception Yards||Longest Interception Return||Touchdowns||Pass Defended||Stuffs||Stuff Yards||Kick Blocked|
- ↑ Urban, Darren. "Marshall coming, and getting started". AZCardinals.com. http://blog.azcardinals.com/2011/07/30/marshall-coming-and-getting-started/. Retrieved 30 July 2011.
- ↑ "Miami Dolphins' Richard Marshall out with back injury". NFL. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000074722/article/miami-dolphins-richard-marshall-out-with-back-injury. Retrieved October 5, 2012.
- ↑ Hanzus, Dan (August 20, 2013). "Richard Marshall released by Miami Dolphins". http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000232254/article/richard-marshall-released-by-miami-dolphins. Retrieved August 20, 2013.
- ↑ Rosenthal, Gregg (August 23, 2013). "Richard Marshall, San Diego Chargers agree to terms". http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000233197/article/san-diego-chargers-sign-richard-marshall. Retrieved August 24, 2013.
- ↑ Henne, Ricky. "Chargers Sign CB Richard Crawford; Release Marshall". San Diego Chargers. http://www.chargers.com/news/article-1/Chargers-Sign-CB-Richard-Crawford-Release-Marshall/03d42c36-ed0d-4b5a-bd8a-d110de8435b6. Retrieved 27 October 2014.
- ↑ "Richard Marshall Stats". ESPN Internet Ventures. http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/9644/richard-marshall. Retrieved 7 January 2014.