Burnette was drafted in the seventh round of the 1991 NFL Draft by the Green Bay Packers Burnette played three seasons in the NFL in the early 1990s. He played for the Green Bay Packers in 1991 and played for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in 1992 and 1993.
Burnette served as head football coach at Mount Vernon Presbyterian School in Sandy Springs, GA until February 2013, when he was placed on indefinite leave following an arrest for public indecency. Burnette was arrested in Cobb County, Georgia on January 29, 2013, for allegedly exposing himself to an adult female off campus.
A spokeswoman with Mount Vernon Presbyterian School confirmed that its head football coach submitted his resignation after being charged with public indecency.
Burnette, gave school officials his resignation on Feb. 11, 2013. School spokeswoman Allison Toller said the resignation was voluntary.
“We have begun our search for his replacement and remain committed to selecting the best possible candidate to serve as Mount Vernon’s new varsity football head coach,” Toller said.
Cobb County arrested Burnette on Jan. 29 on charges of public indecency. Public indecency is a misdemeanor for a first-time offender.
Cobb County Police spokesman Mike Bowman said the alleged incident happened on Jan. 21. According to the police report the incident occurred at the corner of Chimney Springs Drive and Bishop Creek Drive in Cobb County.
“The victim stated that she had a flat tire on her vehicle (a Lexus) and that she was waiting for roadside assistance vehicle from Lexus when she was approached by a black male in a blue van who asked her for directions and then exposed his genitalia to her before leaving,” the police report says. However, many students are still protective of their coach. He has a wife and three sons who attend Mt. Vernon Presbyterian. 
- ↑ "Reggie Burnette NFL Football Statistics". Pro-Football-Reference.com. 1968-10-04. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BurnRe20.htm. Retrieved 2012-07-29.
- ↑ "Reggie Burnette Past Stats, Statistics, History, and Awards". databaseFootball.com. 1968-10-04. http://www.databasefootball.com/players/playerpage.htm?ilkid=BURNEREG01. Retrieved 2012-07-29.
- ↑ http://www.reporternewspapers.net/2011/08/26/mount-vernon-mustangs/
- ↑ http://www.reporternewspapers.net/2013/02/05/sandy-springs-mount-vernon-presbyterian-football-coach-charged-with-public-indecency/
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Boone, Christian. (2013, February 6). Former NFL player, football coach arrested for public indecency. The Atlanta Journal-Constitution: retrieved February 7, 2013.
- ↑ http://www.reporternewspapers.net/2013/02/20/sandy-springs-indecency-charges-prompt-mount-vernon-presbyterian-football-coachs-resignation/
|This biographical article relating to an American football linebacker born in the 1960s is a stub. You can help The American Football Database by expanding it.|