Armstrong with the 49ers in 2016
|Date of birth:March 5, 1991|
|Place of birth: Sanford, Florida|
|College: Miami (FL)|
|Undrafted in 2013|
|No regular season or postseason appearances|
|* St. Louis Rams ( 2013– 2014)|
|Roster status: Active|
|Career highlights and awards|
|* Second-team All-ACC (2010)|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2018|
Aravious "Ray-Ray" T. Armstrong (born March 5, 1991) is an American football linebacker for the Cleveland Browns of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football at Miami from 2009 to 2012. He was not selected in the 2013 NFL Draft, but was signed by the St. Louis Rams as an undrafted free agent.
Armstrong attended Seminole High School in Sanford, Florida. He played both quarterback and safety. As a senior, he led Seminole to the 2008 FHSAA Class 6A state championship over Teddy Bridgewater's Miami Northwestern. During that year he threw for 1,400 yards and 14 touchdowns, rushed for 1,144 yards with 22 touchdowns and caught three passes for 29 yards and one touchdown as a QB. As a safety he had 70 tackles, two interceptions, three forced fumbles and two fumble recoveries.
As a freshman with the Miami Hurricanes in 2009, Armstrong played in 10 games, recording 14 tackles. As a sophomore in 2010, Armstrong took over as a starter and has 66 tackles, three interceptions and a touchdown in 11 games. On July 18, 2012, Armstrong was dismissed from the Hurricanes football team for being dishonest during an internal investigation.
On August 14, 2012, it was announced that Armstrong had transferred to Faulkner University and would play for the Faulkner Eagles, an NAIA team, during the 2012 season. However, Armstrong was declared ineligible on September 11, 2012 due to the circumstances of his dismissal from the Miami Hurricanes. NAIA rules prohibit any athlete "who has been permanently banned in a given sport at any four-year institution."
|Ht||Wt||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP||Wonderlic|
|6 ft 3 in||216 lb||4.69 s||1.62 s||2.75 s||4.24 s||7.20 s||34½ in||9 ft 8 in||18 rep||x|
St. Louis RamsEdit
San Francisco 49ers Edit
On November 25, 2015, Armstrong was claimed off waivers by the San Francisco 49ers. On March 9, 2016, Armstrong signed a one-year contract extension with the 49ers. On September 21, 2016, he was placed on injured reserve with a pectoral injury.
On December 19, 2016, Armstrong signed a two-year contract extension with the 49ers through the 2018 season.
On November 25, 2017, Armstrong was released by the 49ers.
New York Giants Edit
The Browns re-signed Armstrong on a one year $1.550 million contract on March 13, 2019.
- ↑ Rivals Top 100 2009 Prospect Ranking
- ↑ ESPN.com stats
- ↑ Dinich, Heather. "Miami DB Armstrong dismissed from team". ESPN. http://espn.go.com/blog/acc/post/_/id/40879/miami-db-armstrong-dismissed-from-team. Retrieved July 18, 2012.
- ↑ Attorney: Ray-Ray Armstrong plans to file injunction for reinstatement with Miami Hurricanes - UM - MiamiHerald.com
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8368074/naia-denies-eligibility-ex-hurricanes-safety-ray-ray-armstrong
- ↑ http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/08/14/2950286/ray-ray-armstrong-says-goodbye.html
- ↑ Draftscout.com
- ↑ Karraker, Patrick. "St. Louis Rams Release LB Ray Ray Armstrong". FanSided. http://archauthority.com/2014/10/06/st-louis-rams-release-lb-ray-ray-armstrong/. Retrieved October 6, 2014.
- ↑ Florio, Mike. "Raiders claim Ray-Ray Armstrong". Pro Football Talk. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/10/07/raiders-claim-ray-ray-armstrong/. Retrieved October 8, 2014.
- ↑ Gutierrez, Paul. "49ers sign LB Ray-Ray Armstrong off waivers from Raiders". ESPN. http://espn.go.com/blog/san-francisco-49ers/post/_/id/16228/49ers-sign-lb-ray-ray-armstrong-off-waivers-from-raiders. Retrieved November 26, 2015.
- ↑ "49ers Sign LB Ray-Ray Armstrong to Extension". March 8, 2016. https://www.49ers.com/news/49ers-sign-lb-ray-ray-armstrong-to-extension-16907754. Retrieved March 9, 2016.
- ↑ "49ers Place Ray-Ray Armstrong on IR, Promote LB Shayne Skov to Active Roster". September 21, 2016. https://www.49ers.com/news/49ers-place-ray-ray-armstrong-on-ir-promote-lb-shayne-skov-to-active-ro-17733081.
- ↑ "49ers Sign LB Ray-Ray Armstrong to a Two-year Extension". December 19, 2016. https://www.49ers.com/news/49ers-sign-lb-ray-ray-armstrong-to-a-two-year-extension-18302852.
- ↑ "49ers Activate Tank Carradine, Waive Ray-Ray Armstrong". November 25, 2017. https://www.49ers.com/news/49ers-activate-tank-carradine-waive-ray-ray-armstrong-19837175.
- ↑ Eisen, Michael (November 27, 2017). "Giants awarded LB Ray-Ray Armstrong off waivers". https://www.giants.com/news/giants-awarded-lb-ray-ray-armstrong-off-waivers-19854694.
- ↑ Eisen, Michael (October 16, 2018). "Giants sign WR Bennie Fowler, waive CB Donte Deayon among roster moves". https://www.giants.com/news/giants-sign-wr-bennie-fowler-waive-cb-donte-deayon-among-roster-moves.
- ↑ "Giants Release LB Ray-Ray Armstrong From Injured Reserve | NFLTradeRumors.co" (in en-US). http://nfltraderumors.co/giants-release-lb-ray-ray-armstrong-from-injured-reserve/.
- ↑ "Browns sign LB Ray-Ray Armstrong". October 25, 2018. https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/browns-sign-lb-ray-ray-armstrong.
- ↑ "Browns re-sign Ray-Ray Armstrong". ClevelandBrowns.com. March 13, 2019. https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/browns-re-sign-ray-ray-armstrong.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ray-Ray Armstrong.|