|Date of birth:||November 23, 1917|
|Place of birth:||New Kensington, Pennsylvania|
|Date of death:||February 4, 2002(aged 84)|
|Playing stats at|
Ralph C. Fritz (November 23, 1917 – February 4, 2002) was an American football player and coach. A native of New Kensington, Pennsylvania, Fritz attended Kiski Preparatory School before enrolling at the University of Michigan. He played guard for the Michigan Wolverines football team from 1939 to 1940. Fritz later played professional football for the Philadelphia Eagles in 1941. Fritz was one of the more than 1,000 NFL personnel who served in the military during World War II. Starting in 1949, Fritz worked as a high school football coach in Wauchula, Florida. In 1954, Fritz was hired as the athletic director and football coach at Lake Wales High School in Lake Wales, Florida. Fritz died in 2002 at age 84 while living in Miami, Florida.
- ↑ "1939 Football Team". University of Michigan, Bentley Historical Library. http://bentley.umich.edu/athdept/football/fbteam/1939fbt.htm.
- ↑ "1940 Football Team". University of Michigan, Bentley Historical Library. http://bentley.umich.edu/athdept/football/fbteam/1940fbt.htm.
- ↑ "Ralph Fritz profile". pro-football-reference.com. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/F/FritRa20.htm.
- ↑ "FOOTBALL AND AMERICA: WW II Honor Roll". Pro Football Hall of Fame. http://www.profootballhof.com/history/general/war/worldwar2/honor_roll.aspx.
- ↑ "Sailors Choice In Grid Opener With Wauchula". Sarasota Herald-Tribune. 1949-09-30. http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1755&dat=19490930&id=_5ccAAAAIBAJ&sjid=qWQEAAAAIBAJ&pg=4125,2762269.
- ↑ "Sarasota Opens Divisional Defense at Wauchula Tonight". Sarasota Herald-Tribune. 1952-11-07. http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1755&dat=19521107&id=55gcAAAAIBAJ&sjid=x2QEAAAAIBAJ&pg=4558,998579.
- ↑ "untitled". Lakeland Ledger. 1989-05-13. http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1346&dat=19890513&id=U8UwAAAAIBAJ&sjid=EvwDAAAAIBAJ&pg=3719,7764992.
- ↑ "Social Security Death Index". Roots Web. http://ssdi.rootsweb.ancestry.com/.
|This biographical article relating to an American football offensive lineman born in the 1910s is a stub. You can help The American Football Database by expanding it.|