Patton with the San Francisco 49ers in 2016
|Date of birth:August 9, 1990|
|Place of birth: Nashville, Tennessee|
|College: Louisiana Tech|
|NFL Draft: 2013 / Round: 4 / Pick: 128|
|No regular season or postseason appearances|
|* San Francisco 49ers ( 2013– 2016)|
|Career highlights and awards|
|* 2× First-team All-WAC (2011, 2012)|
Quinton Arne Patton (born August 9, 1990) is an American football wide receiver who is currently a free agent. He played college football at Louisiana Tech, and was drafted by the San Francisco 49ers in the fourth round of the 2013 NFL Draft.
Patton was born in Nashville, Tennessee. He grew up playing little league football for the UNA Bears. From there, he went on to play football and baseball at Stratford High School, before later transferring to La Vergne High School in La Vergne, Tennessee, and playing high school football for the La Vergne Wolverines. He came out of high school as a 3-star recruit according to Rivals.com and was committed to Louisiana Tech University.
Patton attended Coffeyville Community College for three years before transferring to Louisiana Tech University, turning down offers from South Florida University and Troy University. At Louisiana Tech, he played for the Louisiana Tech Bulldogs football team in 2011 and 2012. During his first year, Patton was named a first-team All-Western Athletic Conference (WAC) selection after he had 79 receptions for 1,202 yards and 11 touchdowns. In 2012, he had 104 receptions for 1,392 yards and 13 touchdowns, and was again a first-team All-WAC selection.
|Ht||Wt||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP||Wonderlic|
|6 ft 0 in||204 lb||4.48 s||1.58 s||2.50 s||4.01 s||6.91 s||37 in||9 ft 10 in||8 rep|
San Francisco 49ersEdit
Patton was selected by the San Francisco 49ers in the fourth round, with the 128th overall pick, of the 2013 NFL Draft. So stimulated by his new team that he flew at once to San Francisco, Patton was warned away from the 49ers training camp lest the organization receive a fine for his early presence, which would have been a violation of NFL league rules. Nevertheless, Patton's action rebounded in his favor when Coach Jim Harbaugh took favorable notice of Patton's enthusiasm.
2013 season: Rookie yearEdit
Patton started the season as a backup to the 49ers' No. 3 receiver, Mario Manningham. Having suffered a foot fracture that sidelined him after the fourth game of the season, Patton sat out virtually all of his rookie year with the 49ers and had one reception for zero yards prior to the final regular season game against the Arizona Cardinals.
However, Patton made a substantial impact in the Arizona game, most notably by catching a 29-yard sideline pass on the final drive of the game, which enabled the 49ers' winning field goal. Patton also sprinted for 26 yards on the first 49er series in the contest as well as throwing an important block later in the first quarter that helped create a long reception by fellow receiver Anquan Boldin. Coach Harbaugh praised Patton's comeback from his injury and stated he was "excited" by Patton's progress. The 49ers had been limited by the lack of a full complement of receiving options during most of the 2013 season.
Patton had no receptions in his first NFL playoff game against the Green Bay Packers at Lambeau Field, but made a notable 23-yard reception against the Carolina Panthers in his second post season experience, for the game's initial first down.
Patton played in only 4 games throughout the 2014 season. In the regular season finale against the Arizona Cardinals, he caught a very critical pass for a 35-yard reception as the 49ers won by a score of 20-17.
Patton started all 14 games he played in registering 37 catches for 408 yards. He was placed on injured reserve on December 20, 2016.
New York JetsEdit
In 2019, Patton joined the Birmingham Iron of the Alliance of American Football. On February 9, 2019, Patton made his AAF debut in the season-opener against the Memphis Express, catching four passes for 107 yards.
- ↑ Louisiana Tech Garners Seven All-WAC First Team Honors
- ↑ Quinton Patton. ESPN.com. Retrieved February 7, 2013.
- ↑ "Quinton Patton | Louisiana Tech, WR : 2013 NFL Draft Scout Player Profile". nfldraftscout.com. http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=111172&draftyear=2013&genpos=WR. Retrieved May 10, 2014.
- ↑ Fucillo, David (April 27, 2013). "NFL Draft results: 49ers select WR Quinton Patton with first fourth round pick". Niners Nation. http://www.ninersnation.com/2013/4/27/4274974/nfl-draft-results-quinton-patton-49ers-wide-receiver. Retrieved April 28, 2013.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Ostler, Scott (December 29, 2013). "49ers' Quinton Patton arrives right on time". SFGate. http://www.sfgate.com/49ers/ostler/article/49ers-Quinton-Patton-arrives-right-on-time-5100833.php. Retrieved December 30, 2013.
- ↑ Pentis, Andrew (December 27, 2013). "49ers WR Quinton Patton up with Manningham out". 49ers.com. http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/49ers-WR-Quinton-Patton-up-with-Manningham-out/8f3bff0b-1d08-4bb4-a2b3-c3f1c8cd5bbe. Retrieved December 30, 2013.
- ↑ Williamson, Bill (December 30, 2013). "Patton seizes chance to impress coaches". espn. http://espn.go.com/blog/san-francisco-49ers/post/_/id/3909/quinton-patton-gives-self-opportunity. Retrieved December 31, 2013.
- ↑ "Quinton Patton - San Francisco 49ers - 2014 Player Profile - Rotoworld.com". rotoworld.com. http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8403/quinton-patton. Retrieved May 10, 2014.
- ↑ "49ers Place WR Quinton Patton on IR, Promote WR DeAndre Smelter to Active Roster". December 20, 2016. https://www.49ers.com/news/49ers-place-wr-quinton-patton-on-ir-promote-wr-deandre-smelter-to-activ-18308659.
- ↑ Allen, Eric (March 23, 2017). "WR Quinton Patton Inks Deal with Jets". https://www.newyorkjets.com/news/wr-quinton-patton-inks-deal-with-jets-18677666.
- ↑ Greenberg, Ethan (June 5, 2017). "Jets Sign WR Street, Place Patton on IR". https://www.newyorkjets.com/news/jets-sign-wr-street-place-patton-on-ir-18929256.
- ↑ "Jets cut wideout Quinton Patton from injured reserve". June 8, 2017. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000814148/article/jets-cut-wideout-quinton-patton-from-injured-reserve.
- ↑ Manings, Scott (February 2, 2019). "Iron 52: Breaking Down Birmingham’s WR Room". Ambush Sports Network. https://ambushsportsnetwork.com/2019/02/02/iron-52-breaking-down-birminghams-wr-room/. Retrieved February 6, 2019.
- ↑ Burnett, Marq (February 11, 2019). "Defense pitches shutout in Iron's 26-0 win over Memphis Express". https://www.wvtm13.com/article/defense-pitches-shutout-in-irons-26-0-win-over-memphis-express/26280119.